Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: How To's

Standard RSP member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default How To's

Hello there,

I just bought myself an Amiko Alien, and everything is fairly new to me, hoping I could get some help.

I want to upgrade spark, since the installed software version is from January 2011. Is there a tutorial to explain the upgrade process for this STB? After reading a few posts over the Internet, I came across the same procedure, so correct me if I might be wrong:

By USB

Preparation:
    1. We only recommend Kingston USB stick, we don’t support USB hard disk
    2. Please make sure your USB stick only have 1 partition and the file system is
    FAT32
    3. Set default booting system to [spark].

Upgrade Step:

1. Make sure [C:/spark] exist, if not, please create this folder.
    2. copy [mImage] and [userfsub.img] to [C:/spark]
    3. Connect USB stick to STB
    4. Keep Pressing [OK] Button in Front Panel, then power on STB.
    5. After 5 seconds, you will see [Forc] in LED, release [OK] button and press [Right] Button.
    6. if everything is OK, you'll see [U LD] shining in LED
    7. if upgrade success, You will see [SUCC] and STB reboot automatically
    8. If upgrade not finishes in 5 minutes, then there must be something wrong, please check your configuration and re-try.
    If anyone can confirm if this is a correct procedure, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

NO ! that procedure is recommended only "IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG" and in that case you will need
    a "rescue image" ( can be found on sat-support.org ) !!! Now you can go in Menu-Spark-Upgrade Software
    and there you can choose the last version 1.1.40 from the Spark-download-server !!! wait 6-7 minutes and
    that's all !

Standard RSP member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the quick reply.

Better ask thank do something stupid, that's what I always say. Good think I didn't try to do the above procedure. Here's how I UPGRADED SPARK to a new version, using the USB port:

1. Download the new software (I got it from http://www.amikostb.com/?q=product&id=8 )
    2. Unpack the archive to a folder and copy it to a USB stick.
    3. Plug the USB stick into the receiver, wait for it to read it.
    4. Press MENU on the remote, then go to System - Upgrade - Upgrade by usb .
    5. There are system folder here, so go to the bottom and select STORAGE - C - yourfolder
    6. Find the file version.xml and select it, you'll see a statistic of the version currently installed and the version you are about to install.
    7. Press the RED button on the remote (UPGRADE) and wait around 5 minutes, you'll see some progress bars signaling elapsed stages per remaining ones.

It worked for me.

If anyone knows a good tutorial on how to install Enigma2 and basic configuration, please post it so we, the beginners can enjoy this amazing box.

Thanks so much.
    Cheers.