Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Ingenic T10 is a MIPS Based Video Processor for 720p Cameras

Ingenic has been designing MIPS based SoCs using their Xburst processor engine for several years, which are found in tablets, development boards, and wearables. The company has now launched T10 smart...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default EWEAT R9 Android Media Players and Recorders Feature Realtek RTD1295 P

Eweat has now introduced three TV box models based on Realtek RTD1295 64-bit processor with Eweat R9, Eweat R9 mini, and Eweat R9 Plus, bringing some competition to the upcoming Zidoo X9s TV box,...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Xiaomi Mi Band 2 Fitness Tracker Unboxing

Xiaomi started selling Xiaomi Mi Band 2 fitness tracker with an OLED display last week in China for 149 CNY (~$23), but it can also be purchased overseas with the many online resellers, and one of...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Mini Review of Popcorn Hour A500 Media Player

Last month I received Popcorn Hour A500 high-end media player powered by Sigma Designs SMP8758 dual core Cortex A9 processor, and in the firtst part of the review I posted the specifications, and...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Unboxing and Teardown of ARNU Box Mach 10 64-bit Pure Linux TV Box bas

While there are plenty of Amlogic S905 TV boxes, the vast majority is running Android, and albeit there’s been people successfully installing Linux or OpenELEC on such device, if you’d...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MX4 TV Box Based on Rockchip RK3229 Processor Is Selling for $25 (Prom

There are a few Rockchip RK3229 based Android TV boxes selling for around $30, which are mostly interesting to play high bitrate 4K 10-bit H.265 or 10-bit H.264 videos, and there’s currently a...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Imagination Solution to FCC Rules for WiFi Routers: Run OpenWrt / DD-W

About a year ago, discussions started about new rules from the FCC that could prevent routers from installing open source third party operating systems such as OpenWrt or DDWRT. Despite the FCC...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MeegoPad A02 Remix OS TV Stick Has Now Launched on Indiegogo for $39 a

MeegoPad A02 octa-core Remix OS first launched in China for as low as 199 CNY ($30), and the company has raised around 107,000 RMB (~$16,300 US) so far. In the meantime, they’ve also launched...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Lenovo Phab 2 Pro Tango-Enabled Smartphone to Sell for $500 in Q3 2016

Project Tango uses computer vision to enable mobile devices to detect their position relative to the world using 3D maps of the world created in real-time using 3D depth cameras. Google and Lenovo...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Bluetooth 5 Promises Four times the Speed, Twice the range of Bluetoot

The Bluetooth SIG is about to officially unveil Bluetooth 5 on June 16 during a media event in London. One change on the marketing side is that they dropped the point number, so it won’t be...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This week-end I received Vorke V1 mini PC powered by Intel Celeron J3160 processor, and with upgradable memory, storage and WiFi as explaining in the first part of the review, and with a $160 price...

More...

Entertainmentbox.com is a UK based shop specializing in TV box, and the company sent me their latest Amlogic S905 TV Box running Android 5.1 with EBMC based on Kodi 16.1, featuring an internal...

More...

Busybox provides a lightweight version of common command line utilities normally found on “big” Linux into a single binary, in order to bring them to embedded systems with limited memory...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Get an Early ESP32 Board by Contributing to Luanode for ESP8266 & ESP3

Development boards and module based on Espressif ESP32 dual core processor with WiFi and Bluetooth LE connectivity are due for Q3 or Q4 2016, but you could get an early sample as early as July if you...

More...

VLC for Android 2.0 Released with Network Shares, Multi-windows, Better Codec Support, and More
    VLC / VideoLAN is a popular desktop video player for Linux and Windows, and it’s the program I go to when I want to watch a local video on my computer. VLC also has an Android version, but last...

More...

Shenzhen Tomato X96 Amlogic S905X TV Box is Designed to be “Hooked” Behind Any Monitor or Wall Mounted
    There are several solutions to mount a mini computer or TV box behind a display, and while VESA mount is one of them, your TV may not support it, so Shenzhen Tomato has come up with “magic...

More...

Espressif ESP8285 is just like ESP8266 but with 1MB built-in Flash, and Designed for Wearables
    Espressif announced ESP8285 WiFi SoC was entering production last March. The new processor is based on ESP8266, but the company added 1MB built-in flash to make the solution smaller, and more...

More...

DIY Wireless Window/Glass Mounted Camera Based on Raspberry Pi Zero Board
    A few weeks ago, the Raspberry Pi foundation announced a new version of the Raspberry Pi Zero with a CSI camera connector. Since the solution is quite lightweight, Steven Cassidy had the idea to make...

More...

WeTek Hub TV Box Unboxing and Teardown
    WeTek Hub is the latest TV box by WeTek running Android 5.1 or OpenELEC, with support for Widewine Level 1 allowing Netflix HD in Android as well as Microsoft Playready DRM, and featuring Amlogic...

More...

Fireduino Arduino Compatible Board Features Rockchip RKnanoD Dual Core Cortex-M3 MCU (Crowdfunding)
    Rockchip RKNanoD dual core Cortex M3 micro-controller was introduced last year for IoT and audio applications, and the Firefly team, known for their FirePrime or Firefly-RK3288 development boards,...

More...

ARMv8 64-bit Processors To Replace Intel Xeon and SPARC64 Processors in Some Supercomputers
    There’s been some news recently about Sunway TaihuLight supercomputer which nows top the list of the 500 fastest super computers with 93 PFLOPS achieved with Linpack, and is comprised of 40,960...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Micrium µC/OS RTOS Is Now Free for Makers and Startups

According to UBM embedded market study for 2015, Micrium µC/OS real-time operating system only came second after FreeRTOS when the company asked close to 1,000 engineers and managers around the world...

More...

Dreamcade Replay is a Retro Gaming Console Powered by Intel Braswell or Cherry Trail Processor (Crowdfunding)
    If you are old enough to have played with Sega or Atari game console, and feel nostalgic about playing retro games, Dream Arcades Inc. plans to launch a vintage gaming console powered by Intel...

More...

Does Amlogic S905X Support USB 3.0?
    Despite Amlogic roadmap claiming none of the upcoming Amlogic TV box SoCs will support USB 3.0, I’ve been informed that Amlogic S905X might already support USB 3.0. So I had a check with NEXBOX...

More...

Armtronix AC Powered WiFi Quad Relay Board is Powered by ESP8266 SoC (Crowdfunding)
    Armtronix, an Indian startup, has come to kickstarter to launch a quad relay board with an AC terminal based on ESP8266, and the company also offer a complete kit allowing you to build your own...

More...

Forlinx i.MX6UL Linux Single Board Computer Supports ESAM Embedded Security Control Module
    Forlinx Embedded has introduced i.MX6UL single board computer (SBC) based on NXP i.MX 6Ultralite Cortex A7 processor with 512 MB RAM, 8GB storage, that includes two Ethernet interface, an LCD...

More...

TVPRO HD6 is an Intel Bay Trail mini PC Designed for Video Conference
    Intel Atom Z3735F processor has been one of the most popular low power Intel Atom processor, and has been found in tablets, mini PCs, TV sticks running Windows, Android or Linux operating systems....

More...

VLC for Android 2.0 Released with Network Shares, Multi-windows, Better Codec Support, and More
    VLC / VideoLAN is a popular desktop video player for Linux and Windows, and it’s the program I go to when I want to watch a local video on my computer. VLC also has an Android version, but last...

More...

Shenzhen Tomato X96 Amlogic S905X TV Box is Designed to be “Hooked” Behind Any Monitor or Wall Mounted
    There are several solutions to mount a mini computer or TV box behind a display, and while VESA mount is one of them, your TV may not support it, so Shenzhen Tomato has come up with “magic...

More...

Espressif ESP8285 is just like ESP8266 but with 1MB built-in Flash, and Designed for Wearables
    Espressif announced ESP8285 WiFi SoC was entering production last March. The new processor is based on ESP8266, but the company added 1MB built-in flash to make the solution smaller, and more...

More...

DIY Wireless Window/Glass Mounted Camera Based on Raspberry Pi Zero Board
    A few weeks ago, the Raspberry Pi foundation announced a new version of the Raspberry Pi Zero with a CSI camera connector. Since the solution is quite lightweight, Steven Cassidy had the idea to make...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default WeTek Hub TV Box Unboxing and Teardown

WeTek Hub is the latest TV box by WeTek running Android 5.1 or OpenELEC, with support for Widewine Level 1 allowing Netflix HD in Android as well as Microsoft Playready DRM, and featuring Amlogic...

More...

Fireduino Arduino Compatible Board Features Rockchip RKnanoD Dual Core Cortex-M3 MCU (Crowdfunding)
    Rockchip RKNanoD dual core Cortex M3 micro-controller was introduced last year for IoT and audio applications, and the Firefly team, known for their FirePrime or Firefly-RK3288 development boards,...

More...

ARMv8 64-bit Processors To Replace Intel Xeon and SPARC64 Processors in Some Supercomputers
    There’s been some news recently about Sunway TaihuLight supercomputer which nows top the list of the 500 fastest super computers with 93 PFLOPS achieved with Linpack, and is comprised of 40,960...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default $599 Softiron Overdrive 1000 Server is Powered by AMD Opteron A1100 64

ARMv8 servers have been around for a year or so, but normally only available to companies, mostly due to their very high price. LeMaker Cello board based on AMD Opteron A1120 quad core SoC have...

More...

Review of PocketCHIP Hackable Handheld Linux Computer
    It’s not that easy to describe PocketC.H.I.P in a couple of words, as it’s so versatile. It’s a Debian based portable Linux computer with a resistive touchscreen and battery, but...

More...

Dreamcade Replay is a Retro Gaming Console Powered by Intel Braswell or Cherry Trail Processor (Crowdfunding)
    If you are old enough to have played with Sega or Atari game console, and feel nostalgic about playing retro games, Dream Arcades Inc. plans to launch a vintage gaming console powered by Intel...

More...

Does Amlogic S905X Support USB 3.0?
    Despite Amlogic roadmap claiming none of the upcoming Amlogic TV box SoCs will support USB 3.0, I’ve been informed that Amlogic S905X might already support USB 3.0. So I had a check with NEXBOX...

More...

Armtronix AC Powered WiFi Quad Relay Board is Powered by ESP8266 SoC (Crowdfunding)
    Armtronix, an Indian startup, has come to kickstarter to launch a quad relay board with an AC terminal based on ESP8266, and the company also offer a complete kit allowing you to build your own...

More...

Forlinx i.MX6UL Linux Single Board Computer Supports ESAM Embedded Security Control Module
    Forlinx Embedded has introduced i.MX6UL single board computer (SBC) based on NXP i.MX 6Ultralite Cortex A7 processor with 512 MB RAM, 8GB storage, that includes two Ethernet interface, an LCD...

More...

TVPRO HD6 is an Intel Bay Trail mini PC Designed for Video Conference
    Intel Atom Z3735F processor has been one of the most popular low power Intel Atom processor, and has been found in tablets, mini PCs, TV sticks running Windows, Android or Linux operating systems....

More...

More...

More...

More...

Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast