Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 35 of 97 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default A95X R1 4K Android TV Box Sells for $20 (Promo)

Rockchip RK3329 quad Cortex A7 processor powers some of the cheapest TV boxes on the market. One of them is A95X R1 with 1GB RAM, 8GB flash, which likeother RK3229 boxes supports both 4K H.265 and...

More...

Sonoff Wireless Switch Family Gets a $3 IP66 Waterproof Enclosure
    ESP8266 powered ITEAD Studio Sonoff wireless switches have been popular because they are inexpensive, highly customizable thanks to work from the community leading to open source projects such as...

More...

iMX7-96 “Meerkat” ARM Cortex A7/M4 Development Board Launched for $109
    If you have really good memory, you may remember that Freescale was working on a 96Boards compliant i.MX 7 development board in 2015 that was supposed to be released in Q4 of that year. Yesterday the...

More...

Linux Benchmarks – Intel J3455 Apollo Lake vs Z3735F Bay Trail vs RK3399 and Other ARM Platforms
    Since I’ve just installed Ubuntu 17.10 on MeLE PCG35 Apo, I decided I should also run some benchmarks comparing with other ARM and x86 Linux platforms I’ve tested in the past.I was...

More...

MeLE PCG35 Apo Apollo Lake Mini PC Review – Part 3: Ubuntu 17.10
    I completed the review of MeLE PCG35 Apo with Windows 10 Home a few days ago, and as promised, I’ve now installed the freshly released Ubuntu 17.10 in the Intel Celeron J3455 “Apollo...

More...

RedRat-X IR, Bluetooth & RF4CE Box Can Control Multiple TVs and Set-top Boxes
    IR blasters can be used to control multiple IR devices through infrared, or other interfaces, for example DVR can use such device to change the channel of a set-top box just before recording....

More...

Amlogic T962E SoC Powers $55 Alfawise H96 Mini TV Box with HDMI Input, HDMI Output
    HDMI input can be a useful addition to Android TV boxes, or media centers, as they allow for functions such as PiP (Picture in Picture), PVR/DVR_ (Personal / Digital Video Recording), and potentially...

More...

Arm’s Platform Security Architecture Aims to Secure the Internet of Things (IoT)
    News are published nearly everyday about a security breach or flaw in IoT devices, and last year, Softbank CEO, and new Arm owner, Masayoshi Son explained that to reach his goal of one trillion IoT...

More...

Nerdonic Atom X1 is the World’s Smallest 32-bit Arduino Compatible Board (Crowdfunding)
    Back in June, we reported about I¼duino board, which at 12×12 mm may well be the worlda€™s smallest Arduino compatible board. It is based on Microchip Atmel ATMEGA32U4 8-bit AVR microcontroller....

More...

JeVois Smart Machine Vision Camera Review – Part 1: Developer / Robotics Kit Unboxing
    JeVois-A33 computer vision camera was unveiled at the end of last year through a Kickstarter campaign. Powered by an Allwinner A33 quad core Cortex A7 processor, and a 1.3MP camera sensor, the system...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Voladd Cloud-Connected Linux 3D Printer is Powered by BeagleBone Black

So far, all of the 3D printers that have been reviewed on this blog require you to design or download a 3D object on your computer, and print it from an SD card. But thanks to OctoPrint software and...

More...

AMBE+2 Vocoder Promises High Voice Quality at Low (2.0 to 9.6 Kbps) Data Rates
    Opus 1.2 open source audio codec was release a few months ago with the ability to deliver low power low high-quality audio bitrate for speech with bitrates as low as_ 12 Kbps. Digital Voice Systems...

More...

Synaptics Introduces VideoSmart BG5CT 4K HDR Multimedia Video Processor for Set-Top Boxes
    Marvell used to design Media SoCs running Android TV such as ARMADA 1500 Ultra (aka BG4CT). That part of Marvell business has very recently been sold to Synaptics, which has just unveiled VideoSmart...

More...

MeLE PCG35 Apo Mini PC Review – Part 2: Windows 10 Home
    Laptops and mini PCs powered by the new generation of Intel Gemini Lake processors are coming soon, but companies are still launching Apollo Lake based products with various features. MeLE PCG35 Apo...

More...

Banana Pi M2 Magic Board Now Sold with Allwinner A33 Processor for $23
    Banana Pi M2 Magic development board was first unveiled in February of this year with an Allwinner R16 SoC, 512 MB RAM, and 8GB eMMC flash, and its main selling points were support for MIPI DSI LCD...

More...

Beelink GS1 Allwinner H6 TV Box Sells for $60
    Allwinner H6 is the latest “Home Entertainment” SoC from the company. Designed for 4K HDR TV boxes and set-top boxes, it supports 6K/4K H.265, H.264 and VP9 hardware video decoding, HDR10...

More...

MNT Reform DIY Modular ARM Linux Portable Computer To Feature NXP i.MX 6/8 SoC
    The first usable DIY ARM Linux laptop that I can remember is Novena, unveiled in 2014, based on Freescale i.MX 6Quad processor, and fairly expensive at close to $2,000 since it was a nice product....

More...

PingPong IoT Development Board Supports Cellular Connectivity, WiFi, Bluetooth, LoRa, Sigfox, and More
    Round Solutions, a supplier of products, services and concepts for industrial M2M and IoT markets, has introduced PingPong IoT development board with either Microchip PIC32MZ running an RTOS, or...

More...

Samsung IoT Security News – ARTIK Secure IoT Modules, SmartThings Cloud, and Secure Element
    Samsung has made several announcements with IoT, especially IoT security. First, Samsung ARTIK 053, ARTIK 530 and ARTIK 710 modules are getting an “s” version, which stands for...

More...

Renesas RZ/G Linux Platform features CIP Super Long-Term Support (SLTS) Linux kernel
    In the consumer space, some devices never get updated, and you can consider yourself lucky if the manufacturer provides updates for several years, often just two as Linux LTS (Long Term Support)...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Intel Optane 900P Series SSD Launched for Desktop PCs

Intel and Micron first unveiled 3D Xpoint technology (pronounced “crosspoint”) in 2015 with the promise of 1000x faster storage and 1000x better endurance than NAND flash used in SSDs....

More...

Intel Speech Enabling Developer Kit Works with Alexa Voice Service, Raspberry Pi 3 Board
    We’ve known Intel has been working on Quark S1000 “Sue Creek” processor for voice recognition for several months. S1000 SoC is based on two Tensilica LX6 with HiFi3 DSP, some speech...

More...

Emcraft Releases Linux BSP for NXP i.MX RT1050 Cortex M7 Evaluation Board
    NXP iMX RT series is a family of ARM Cortex M7 processors clocked at 600 MHz, making the solution a “crossover embedded processor” bridging the gap between real-time capabilities of...

More...

Use your Smartphone as an IR Remote Control with ROCK USB Type C IR Remote Control Transmitter
    A few years ago, I wrote about ZazaRemote transforming your smartphone into a universal IR remote control. ZazaRemote is a hardware and software solution that combines infrared dongles micro USB port...

More...

ESP8266 powered ITEAD Studio Sonoff wireless switches have been popular because they are inexpensive, highly customizable thanks to work from the community leading to open source projects such as...

More...

iMX7-96 “Meerkat” ARM Cortex A7/M4 Development Board Launched for $109
    If you have really good memory, you may remember that Freescale was working on a 96Boards compliant i.MX 7 development board in 2015 that was supposed to be released in Q4 of that year. Yesterday the...

More...

Linux Benchmarks – Intel J3455 Apollo Lake vs Z3735F Bay Trail vs RK3399 and Other ARM Platforms
    Since I’ve just installed Ubuntu 17.10 on MeLE PCG35 Apo, I decided I should also run some benchmarks comparing with other ARM and x86 Linux platforms I’ve tested in the past.I was...

More...

I completed the review of MeLE PCG35 Apo with Windows 10 Home a few days ago, and as promised, I’ve now installed the freshly released Ubuntu 17.10 in the Intel Celeron J3455 “Apollo...

More...

IR blasters can be used to control multiple IR devices through infrared, or other interfaces, for example DVR can use such device to change the channel of a set-top box just before recording....

More...

Amlogic T962E SoC Powers $55 Alfawise H96 Mini TV Box with HDMI Input, HDMI Output
    HDMI input can be a useful addition to Android TV boxes, or media centers, as they allow for functions such as PiP (Picture in Picture), PVR/DVR_ (Personal / Digital Video Recording), and potentially...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Arm’s Platform Security Architecture Aims to Secure the Internet of Th

News are published nearly everyday about a security breach or flaw in IoT devices, and last year, Softbank CEO, and new Arm owner, Masayoshi Son explained that to reach his goal of one trillion IoT...

More...

Nerdonic Atom X1 is the World’s Smallest 32-bit Arduino Compatible Board (Crowdfunding)
    Back in June, we reported about I¼duino board, which at 12×12 mm may well be the worlda€™s smallest Arduino compatible board. It is based on Microchip Atmel ATMEGA32U4 8-bit AVR microcontroller....

More...

JeVois Smart Machine Vision Camera Review – Part 1: Developer / Robotics Kit Unboxing
    JeVois-A33 computer vision camera was unveiled at the end of last year through a Kickstarter campaign. Powered by an Allwinner A33 quad core Cortex A7 processor, and a 1.3MP camera sensor, the system...

More...

Opus 1.2 open source audio codec was release a few months ago with the ability to deliver low power low high-quality audio bitrate for speech with bitrates as low as_ 12 Kbps. Digital Voice Systems...

More...

Synaptics Introduces VideoSmart BG5CT 4K HDR Multimedia Video Processor for Set-Top Boxes
    Marvell used to design Media SoCs running Android TV such as ARMADA 1500 Ultra (aka BG4CT). That part of Marvell business has very recently been sold to Synaptics, which has just unveiled VideoSmart...

More...

Laptops and mini PCs powered by the new generation of Intel Gemini Lake processors are coming soon, but companies are still launching Apollo Lake based products with various features. MeLE PCG35 Apo...

More...

Banana Pi M2 Magic Board Now Sold with Allwinner A33 Processor for $23
    Banana Pi M2 Magic development board was first unveiled in February of this year with an Allwinner R16 SoC, 512 MB RAM, and 8GB eMMC flash, and its main selling points were support for MIPI DSI LCD...

More...

Beelink GS1 Allwinner H6 TV Box Sells for $60
    Allwinner H6 is the latest “Home Entertainment” SoC from the company. Designed for 4K HDR TV boxes and set-top boxes, it supports 6K/4K H.265, H.264 and VP9 hardware video decoding, HDR10...

More...

MNT Reform DIY Modular ARM Linux Portable Computer To Feature NXP i.MX 6/8 SoC
    The first usable DIY ARM Linux laptop that I can remember is Novena, unveiled in 2014, based on Freescale i.MX 6Quad processor, and fairly expensive at close to $2,000 since it was a nice product....

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default $50 Waveshare Compute Module IO Board Plus is Designed for Raspberry P

Raspberry Pi Compute Module CM3L and CM3 are fairy inexpensive at $25 and $30 respectively, but if you want to get the complete development kit with Compute Module IO Board, CM3 and CM3L modules, and...

More...

Giveaway Week a€“ Muses-I² DTV Modulator and Video Encoder
    The next item for giveaway is rather specialized hardware, as V-Bridge Muses-I² allows you to take raw video input via HDMI or video composite, encode it and module to your DTB standard (DVB-T,...

More...

$15 Banana Pi M2 Zero Board is a Raspberry Pi Zero W Clone with a Quad Core Processor
    Many development boards have followed Raspberry Pi 2/3 form factor in recent years, including Hardkernel ODROID-C2 and Pine64 ROCK64, but so far I had not seen any boards leveraging Raspberry Pi Zero...

More...

H.265 / HEVC License Pricing Updated for Low Cost Devices
    Most video codecs such as H.264, H265/HEVC, MPEG-2, MPEG-4… requires the manufacturer to pay a license fee. The fees are then added to the final product, but the actual codec fees are usually...

More...

NanoPi Duo Quick Start Guide – Ubuntu, Breadboard, Mini Shield & mSATA SSD
    As far as I know NanoPi Duo is the only quad core ARM Linux development board that can fit on a breadboard. We’ve already seen it’s much smaller than Raspberry Pi Zero, and the company...

More...

Giveaway Week – NanoPi NEO NAS Kit with NEO 2 Board
    Time has come to organize another giveaway week. I used to mainly give away TV boxes, but due to recent regulations that will not be possible anymore, and instead this giveaway week will include...

More...

Intel Speech Enabling Developer Kit Works with Alexa Voice Service, Raspberry Pi 3 Board
    We’ve known Intel has been working on Quark S1000 “Sue Creek” processor for voice recognition for several months. S1000 SoC is based on two Tensilica LX6 with HiFi3 DSP, some speech...

More...

NXP iMX RT series is a family of ARM Cortex M7 processors clocked at 600 MHz, making the solution a “crossover embedded processor” bridging the gap between real-time capabilities of...

More...

Use your Smartphone as an IR Remote Control with ROCK USB Type C IR Remote Control Transmitter
    A few years ago, I wrote about ZazaRemote transforming your smartphone into a universal IR remote control. ZazaRemote is a hardware and software solution that combines infrared dongles micro USB port...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default iMX7-96 “Meerkat” ARM Cortex A7/M4 Development Board Launched for $109

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Giveaway Week – NanoPi K2 Development Board

NanoPi K2 development board is powered by Amlogic S905 processor coupled with 2GB RAM, and follows Raspberry Pi 3 form factor, and I’ve got a K2 multimedia kit to give away courtesy of...

More...

Testing Google’s GNSS Analysis Tool for GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, Beidou…
    Google has recently released GNSS Analysis Tool to process and analyze Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) raw measurements from Android devices. This is mostly designed to enable manufacturers...

More...

2017 Singles’ Day Promotions on Chinese Online Stores
    Singles’ day (Guanggun Jie – 光棍节) is celebrated every year on November 11 (11.11) in China, and retailers launch promotions to attract young shoppers, especially online. Last year...

More...

Arm Announces Mali-D71 for 4K/120 Hz Displays, Assertive Display 5 with HDR
    Arm has just announced Mali-D71 display processor optimized for 4K120 displays used for virtual reality, Assertive Display 5 display management core which adds support for high dynamic range (HDR10 /...

More...

Giveaway Week – ESP32 PICO Core Boards
    I don’t have one, but eight boards to give away to four winners (2 each) with Espressif Systems ESP32 PICO Core based on ESP32-PICO-D4 SIP, an all-in one package with ESP32, 4MB SPI flash,...

More...

SAMA5D2 Based SiPs Combine ARM Cortex-A5 Processor With Up to 128MB DDR2
    Atmel SAMA5D2 ARM Cortex-A5 processor was released about two years ago with extended temperature range and lower power consumption compared to previous SAMAD5 processors, with the new SoC still...

More...

WCH CH340E is a Tiny 10-Pin Serial to USB Chip
    I own a bunch of_ USB to serial debug board based on CH340G/T or PL2303HX, and all include a crystal on the board with the exception of Hardkernel’s USB-UART module kit based on CP2104 (QFN24...

More...

The next item for giveaway is rather specialized hardware, as V-Bridge Muses-I² allows you to take raw video input via HDMI or video composite, encode it and module to your DTB standard (DVB-T,...

More...

$15 Banana Pi M2 Zero Board is a Raspberry Pi Zero W Clone with a Quad Core Processor
    Many development boards have followed Raspberry Pi 2/3 form factor in recent years, including Hardkernel ODROID-C2 and Pine64 ROCK64, but so far I had not seen any boards leveraging Raspberry Pi Zero...

More...

Most video codecs such as H.264, H265/HEVC, MPEG-2, MPEG-4… requires the manufacturer to pay a license fee. The fees are then added to the final product, but the actual codec fees are usually...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default NanoPi Duo Quick Start Guide – Ubuntu, Breadboard, Mini Shield & mSATA

As far as I know NanoPi Duo is the only quad core ARM Linux development board that can fit on a breadboard. We’ve already seen it’s much smaller than Raspberry Pi Zero, and the company...

More...

Time has come to organize another giveaway week. I used to mainly give away TV boxes, but due to recent regulations that will not be possible anymore, and instead this giveaway week will include...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Giveaway Week – Nextion Enhanced 7″ Capacitive Display

My Nextion Enhanced NX8048K070 display will soon find a new home. The 7″ display comes with a capacitive touchscreen, an enclosure, and can work in standalone mode thanks to a built-in...

More...

Learn More About Linux’s New GPIO User Space Subsystem & Libgpiod
    Sysfs was used to control GPIOs on Linux system with the GPIOs defined in /sys/class/gpio, but starting with Linux 4.8, a new GPIO interface for user space was introduced, with gpiochip becoming char...

More...

Lab in a Box Concept Embeds x86 Server and 6 ARM Boards into a PC Case for Automated Software Testing
    The Linux kernel now has about 20 millions line of code, Arm has hundreds of licensees making thousands of processors and micro-controllers, which end up in maybe hundreds of thousands of different...

More...

Giveaway Week – Wio GPS Tracker Board
    It’s Friday, and the fifth day of giveaway week on CNX Software. Today, I’ll be giving away Wio Tracker, an Arduino compatible board based on Microchip / Atmel SAMD21 ARM Cortex M0 MCU...

More...

WifiMETRIX Wi-Fi Networks Analyzer Supports Packet Injection, Throughput Analysis
    Nuts about Nets (that’s the company name…) WifiMETRIX is a dual band WiFi diagnostic tool used to analyze, monitor and troubleshoot Wi-Fi networks. The handheld device implements two main...

More...

Panasonic Showcases Flexible Batteries with Wireless Charging System
    Flexible batteries such as PowerStream lithium polymer batteries can be integrated into new application such as smartcards, and could help wearables have longer battery life by adding batteries into...

More...

Rikomagic RKM V3 Rockchip RK3328 TV Stick Launched for $63
    We’ll know find plenty of devices powered by Rockchip RK3328 from TV boxes to development boards, but if you are interested in getting an Android TV stick based on the processor, I’m only...

More...

Google has recently released GNSS Analysis Tool to process and analyze Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) raw measurements from Android devices. This is mostly designed to enable manufacturers...

More...

Singles’ day (Guanggun Jie – 光棍节) is celebrated every year on November 11 (11.11) in China, and retailers launch promotions to attract young shoppers, especially online. Last year...

More...

Arm Announces Mali-D71 for 4K/120 Hz Displays, Assertive Display 5 with HDR
    Arm has just announced Mali-D71 display processor optimized for 4K120 displays used for virtual reality, Assertive Display 5 display management core which adds support for high dynamic range (HDR10 /...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default RetrOrangePi 4.0 Released

RetrOrangePi is a retro gaming & media center firmware based on Armbian Debian image and working on Allwinner H3/H2+ based Orange Pi boards, Banana Pi M2+, and NanoPi M1, as well as Beelink X2 TV...

More...

Giveaway Week – Khadas Vim Pro Development Board
    For the final day of this giveaway week, I’ll send Khadas Vim Pro development board to a new home. The board is powered by an Amlogic S905X processor coupled with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage,...

More...

Sysfs was used to control GPIOs on Linux system with the GPIOs defined in /sys/class/gpio, but starting with Linux 4.8, a new GPIO interface for user space was introduced, with gpiochip becoming char...

More...

Lab in a Box Concept Embeds x86 Server and 6 ARM Boards into a PC Case for Automated Software Testing
    The Linux kernel now has about 20 millions line of code, Arm has hundreds of licensees making thousands of processors and micro-controllers, which end up in maybe hundreds of thousands of different...

More...

It’s Friday, and the fifth day of giveaway week on CNX Software. Today, I’ll be giving away Wio Tracker, an Arduino compatible board based on Microchip / Atmel SAMD21 ARM Cortex M0 MCU...

More...

WifiMETRIX Wi-Fi Networks Analyzer Supports Packet Injection, Throughput Analysis
    Nuts about Nets (that’s the company name…) WifiMETRIX is a dual band WiFi diagnostic tool used to analyze, monitor and troubleshoot Wi-Fi networks. The handheld device implements two main...

More...

Flexible batteries such as PowerStream lithium polymer batteries can be integrated into new application such as smartcards, and could help wearables have longer battery life by adding batteries into...

More...

We’ll know find plenty of devices powered by Rockchip RK3328 from TV boxes to development boards, but if you are interested in getting an Android TV stick based on the processor, I’m only...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Arm Announces Mali-D71 for 4K/120 Hz Displays, Assertive Display 5 wit

More...

Atmel SAMA5D2 ARM Cortex-A5 processor was released about two years ago with extended temperature range and lower power consumption compared to previous SAMAD5 processors, with the new SoC still...

More...

WCH CH340E is a Tiny 10-Pin Serial to USB Chip
    I own a bunch of_ USB to serial debug board based on CH340G/T or PL2303HX, and all include a crystal on the board with the exception of Hardkernel’s USB-UART module kit based on CP2104 (QFN24...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Qualcomm Centriq 2400 ARM SoC Launched for Datacenters, Benchmarked ag

Qualcomm Centriq 2400 ARM Server-on-Chip has been four years in the making. The company announced sampling in Q4 2016 using 10nm FinFET process technology with the SoC featuring up to 48 Qualcomm...

More...

Khadas VIM2 Board Review – Part 1: Unboxing and Dual Tuner Board
    Khadas VIM2 board is the successor of Khadas VIM board, replacing Amlogic S905X by a slightly more powerful Amlogic S912, but that’s the connectivity features that really makes it stand apart...

More...

HiMedia Q10 Pro TV Box Review a€“ Part 1: Unboxing and 3.5a€³ SATA Bay
    HiMedia Q10 Pro Android TV box was launched in March of last year, equipped with a HiSilicon Hi3798CV200 quad-core ARM Cortex A53 processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB flash, and a SATA bay for 3.5″ drives....

More...

Amazon Fire TV Stick Basic Edition Ships to over 100 Countries for $50
    Amazon products are usually launched in the US, and a limited number of European countries, meaning most people can’t purchase or use their devices without going through various hoops. But the...

More...

Sunvell R69 Allwinner H2 TV Box Sells for $19.99 (Promo)
    $20 Android TV box promotions are fun. After last month, Rockchip RK3229 based A95X R1 TV box promotion, GearBest has another one with Allwinner H2(+) based Sunvell R69 TV box powered by Allwinner H2...

More...

MINIX based Intel Management Engine Firmware & UEFI are Closed Source & Insecure, NERF to the Rescue!
    You may have heard a few things about Intel Management Engine in recent months, especially as security issues have been found, the firmware is not easily upgradeable, and the EFF deemed it a security...

More...

Arduino Create Adds Support for Linux Development Boards (based on Intel processors for now)
    Most people are used to program Arduino compatible boards with the Arduino IDE that they’ve installed in their Windows/Linux/Mac OS computer, and manage everything locally. But Arduino...

More...

$100 CA98 TV Stick is Powered by Intel Celeron N3350 Processor
    We’ve already seen Apollo Lake TV sticks such as MeegoPad T11, ECDREAM A9, or BBen MN10. Linuxium reviewed ECDREAM A9 model on this blog, and found out that Windows 10 (pre-installed), and...

More...

Compulab Fitlet2 Fanless Apollo Lake Mini PC is Designed for Industrial IoT Gateways
    Compulab Fitlet mini PCs were introduced in January 2015 with AMD Mullins processors, namely AMD A4 Micro-6400T or E1 Micro-6200T both of which including Radeon graphics, and supporting up to 8GB...

More...

EasyVolts USB Dongle Outputs 0-24V DC, Exposes UART, GPIO/PWM, RS-485 Signals
    A while ago, I wrote about USBminiPower, a USB power supply with 3.3V, 5V, and one variable DC output up to 14.3V adjustable with a rocker switch, and equipped for a 4-digit LED display showing...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Giveaway Week – Khadas Vim Pro Development Board

For the final day of this giveaway week, I’ll send Khadas Vim Pro development board to a new home. The board is powered by an Amlogic S905X processor coupled with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage,...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Gateworks Newport SBCs Powered by Cavium Octeon TX 64-bit ARM SoC are

Gateworks is a US based company that provides embedded hardware solutions to mobile and wireless communications markets such as their NXP i.MX6 powered_ Ventana single board computers, including...

More...

Ugoos UM4 TV Box/Dongle Runs Android 7.1.2 with Some Uncommon Features
    Ugoos UM3 was launched in 2014 with Android 4.4 on Rockchip RK3288 processor, and could be described a a tiny TV box, or large TV stick. That form factor must have had some success, and they later...

More...

FUJITSU FUTRO S540, S740, and S940 Thin Clients are Powered by Intel Gemini Lake Processors
    Intel Gemini Lake processors should be officially launched in a few weeks with Pentium & Celeron SKUs. We already have a good idea about the new processors’ features, but AFAIK so far...

More...

It’s a Soda Can. No! It’s Nebula Capsule Smart Projector Running Android 7.0 (Crowdfunding)
    I have reviewed two Android smart pico-projectors in the last couple of years, namely Doogee Smart Cube P1 and Rikomagic RKM R1. Both are battery powered, and worked well in the dark, but the...

More...

Zidoo H6 Pro (Allwinner H6) TV Box Review – Part 2: Android 7.0 Firmware
    Zidoo H6 Pro is the very first Allwinner H6 based 4K TV box. The Android 7.0 device support H.265, H.264 and VP6 4K video decoding, comes with fast interfaces such as USB 3.0, and network...

More...

ODROID-MC1 Quad Board Cluster Launched for $220
    Hardkernel teased us with ODROID HC1 Home Cloud server, and ODROID MC1 cluster last August with both solutions based on a cost down version of ODROID-XU4 board powered by Samsung Exynos 5422...

More...

Giveaway Week Winners – November 2017
    Like every year, I’ve organized a giveaway week to send some of the items I’ve reviewed in the past year or so. There was a good mix of devices this year starting with a mini Linux NAS...

More...

Khadas VIM2 Board Review – Part 1: Unboxing and Dual Tuner Board
    Khadas VIM2 board is the successor of Khadas VIM board, replacing Amlogic S905X by a slightly more powerful Amlogic S912, but that’s the connectivity features that really makes it stand apart...

More...

HiMedia Q10 Pro TV Box Review a€“ Part 1: Unboxing and 3.5a€³ SATA Bay
    HiMedia Q10 Pro Android TV box was launched in March of last year, equipped with a HiSilicon Hi3798CV200 quad-core ARM Cortex A53 processor, 2GB RAM, 16GB flash, and a SATA bay for 3.5″ drives....

More...

Amazon Fire TV Stick Basic Edition Ships to over 100 Countries for $50
    Amazon products are usually launched in the US, and a limited number of European countries, meaning most people can’t purchase or use their devices without going through various hoops. But the...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sunvell R69 Allwinner H2 TV Box Sells for $19.99 (Promo)

$20 Android TV box promotions are fun. After last month, Rockchip RK3229 based A95X R1 TV box promotion, GearBest has another one with Allwinner H2(+) based Sunvell R69 TV box powered by Allwinner H2...

More...

MINIX based Intel Management Engine Firmware & UEFI are Closed Source & Insecure, NERF to the Rescue!
    You may have heard a few things about Intel Management Engine in recent months, especially as security issues have been found, the firmware is not easily upgradeable, and the EFF deemed it a security...

More...

Arduino Create Adds Support for Linux Development Boards (based on Intel processors for now)
    Most people are used to program Arduino compatible boards with the Arduino IDE that they’ve installed in their Windows/Linux/Mac OS computer, and manage everything locally. But Arduino...

More...

$100 CA98 TV Stick is Powered by Intel Celeron N3350 Processor
    We’ve already seen Apollo Lake TV sticks such as MeegoPad T11, ECDREAM A9, or BBen MN10. Linuxium reviewed ECDREAM A9 model on this blog, and found out that Windows 10 (pre-installed), and...

More...

Compulab Fitlet2 Fanless Apollo Lake Mini PC is Designed for Industrial IoT Gateways
    Compulab Fitlet mini PCs were introduced in January 2015 with AMD Mullins processors, namely AMD A4 Micro-6400T or E1 Micro-6200T both of which including Radeon graphics, and supporting up to 8GB...

More...

EasyVolts USB Dongle Outputs 0-24V DC, Exposes UART, GPIO/PWM, RS-485 Signals
    A while ago, I wrote about USBminiPower, a USB power supply with 3.3V, 5V, and one variable DC output up to 14.3V adjustable with a rocker switch, and equipped for a 4-digit LED display showing...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

Page 35 of 97 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast