Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 36 of 97 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Panasonic Showcases Flexible Batteries with Wireless Charging System

Flexible batteries such as PowerStream lithium polymer batteries can be integrated into new application such as smartcards, and could help wearables have longer battery life by adding batteries into...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Compulab Fitlet2 Fanless Apollo Lake Mini PC is Designed for Industria

Compulab Fitlet mini PCs were introduced in January 2015 with AMD Mullins processors, namely AMD A4 Micro-6400T or E1 Micro-6200T both of which including Radeon graphics, and supporting up to 8GB...

More...

EasyVolts USB Dongle Outputs 0-24V DC, Exposes UART, GPIO/PWM, RS-485 Signals
    A while ago, I wrote about USBminiPower, a USB power supply with 3.3V, 5V, and one variable DC output up to 14.3V adjustable with a rocker switch, and equipped for a 4-digit LED display showing...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FUJITSU FUTRO S540, S740, and S940 Thin Clients are Powered by Intel G

Intel Gemini Lake processors should be officially launched in a few weeks with Pentium & Celeron SKUs. We already have a good idea about the new processors’ features, but AFAIK so far...

More...

Zidoo H6 Pro (Allwinner H6) TV Box Review – Part 2: Android 7.0 Firmware
    Zidoo H6 Pro is the very first Allwinner H6 based 4K TV box. The Android 7.0 device support H.265, H.264 and VP6 4K video decoding, comes with fast interfaces such as USB 3.0, and network...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default TECHBASE ModBerry​ M300 Linux IoT Gateway ​is Powered by NanoPi NE

We’ve previously covered TECHBASE Modberry industrial automation gateways based on popular development boards such as Raspberry Pi 3, NanoPi M1 Plus, and Intel Cherry Trail’s UP board,...

More...

Xiaomi Mi A1 Smartphone Review – Part 2: Android 7.1.2 Firmware
    Google recently announced several Android One smartphones, which are supposed to get 2 years of firmware updates, including to the latest version of Android, such as HTC U11 Life and Android One Moto...

More...

Magicsee C300 is a $70 DVB-T2/C & DVB-S2 Android Set-Top Box Powered by Amlogic S905D SoC
    Amlogic S905D processor is an evolution of Amlogic S905X with Gigabit Ethernet support, and TS interfaces for digital TV tuners. That explains why most devices launched with the processor come with...

More...

Tronxy X3S 3D Printer Review – Part 3: Upgrades to Fix Bed Leveling Issues (Permanently)
    Karl here. I have had the Tronxy X3S 3D printer for a while now. It prints well but as I mentioned in previous articles I had to level for every print. Actually near the end I would just overpower...

More...

First OpenCL Encounters on Cortex-A72: Some Benchmarking
    This is a guest post by blu about his experience with OpenCL on MacchiatoBin board with a quad core Cortex A72 processor and an Intel based MacBook. He previously contributed several technical...

More...

Texas Instruments MSP430 Value Line Sensing MCUs Sell for 25 Cents and Up
    Texas Instruments MSP430 16-bit mixed signal microcontroller has been around since at least 2004, and the last time I played with the MCU was with eZ430-Chronos wireless watch development kit in...

More...

Colorful C.J1900A-BTX Plus V20 Bay Trail Motherboard Takes 8 Graphics Cards for Cryptocurrency Mining
    Intel Bay Trail processors are mostly found in tablets, 2-in-1 hybrid laptops, and mini PCs, and they’ve often give placed to Cherry Trail processors, and in some cases Apollo Lake ones. x86...

More...

Linux 4.14 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architecture
    Linus Torvalds has announced the release of Linux 4.14: No surprises this week, although it is probably worth pointing out how the 0day robot has been getting even better (it was very useful before,...

More...

NanoPi Fire2A & Fire3 Boards Released with Samsung/Nexell Quad & Octa Core Processors
    FriendlyElec previously launched NanoPi 2 Fire board powered by Samsung (Nexell)_S5P4418 quad core Cortex A9 SoC, mostly interesting because of its small form factor, camera and LCD interfaces. The...

More...

Ugoos UM4 TV Box/Dongle Runs Android 7.1.2 with Some Uncommon Features
    Ugoos UM3 was launched in 2014 with Android 4.4 on Rockchip RK3288 processor, and could be described a a tiny TV box, or large TV stick. That form factor must have had some success, and they later...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Socionext S8 Media Player Supports 8K HEVC Videos, 22.2 Channels Audio

4K still feels like a new technology, but 8K is also coming as HDMI 2.1, superMHL, and DisplayPort 1.4 all support 8K QUHD (Quad Ultra HD) resolutions up to 60 or 120 fps. So at some points will need...

More...

Google Releases Tensorflow Lite Developer Preview for Android & iOS
    Google mentioned TensorFlow Lite at Google I/O 2017 last may, an implementation of TensorFlow open source machine learning library specifically optimized for embedded use cases. The company said...

More...

BenQ W1700 4K HDR Video Projector to Sell for Less than $2,000
    4K UltraHD TVs have now become affordable, with prices not that far from HD television sets for a given size. But what about 4K projectors? We first find out about development in this space with a...

More...

WandPi 8M Development Board Coming Soon with NXP i.MX8M SoC for $89 and Up
    Wandboard launched in 2012 using Freescale i.MX6 Solo/Dual processor, following soon after by Wandbord Quad. We are not hearing much about those boards today, but since the processor comes with 10 to...

More...

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.4 Now Fully Supports Arm servers
    When hardware vendors announced Arm based servers they also claim support for operating systems such as Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux, so I assumed software support was more or less...

More...

STMicro Introduces Ultra-efficient STM32L4+ Series MCUs with Better Performance, Chrom-GRC Graphics Controller
    STMicroelectronics has announced an upgrade to their STM32L4 series Cortex-M4 micro-controllers with STM32L4+ series upping the maximum frequency from 80 MHz to 120 MHz delivering up to 150 DMIPS...

More...

LEAGOO T5c Smartphone Features Spreadtrum SC9853i Octa-core Intel Airmont SoC
    Intel is supposed to have left the mobile and IoT markets, but a few month ago, I wrote about Spreadtrum SC9861G-IA, an octa-core Intel Airmont SoC designed for LTE smartphones. Airmont is the...

More...

Meet the Blue Version of Raspberry Pi 3 Board, For Brazil Only
    It’s always fun to buy electronics and gadgets from China, while there are sometimes technical “headaches”, they are mostly solvable and part of the fun. But in some cases,...

More...

Allwinner H6 Datasheet and User Manual Released
    Putting aside the ill-fated Allwinner A80 SoC, Allwinner H6 is the first Allwinner processor with multiple high speed interfaces such as Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0 and PCIe, and also support 4K HDR...

More...

QNAP QBoat Sunny IoT Mini Server Board Officially Announced with Annapurna Labs AL-314 ARM Processor
    We first had a glance at QNAP QBoat Sunny at CES 2017. At the time, QNAP IoT development board was powered by an Intel AnyWAN GRX750 dual core Atom based processor with 2GB RAM, 4GB flash, three...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ECS LIVA Q Could Be The World’s Smallest 4K mini PC

Taiwan based ECS announced several Apollo Lake mini PCs in the past such as Liva Z /ZE based on Intel Celeron N3350/N3450 or Pentium N4200 processor. The company has now launched a new Apollo Lake...

More...

Rockchip RK3399 Sapphire Board is Sold for $75 (Promo)
    Black Friday is coming soon, so we’ll start to see more an more interesting deals in the day ahead. Last summer, I wrote about what should be the cheapest RK3399 development board: Sapphire,...

More...

This 7a€³ HDMI Display with Stand Sells for $37 (Promo)
    We’ve already seen cheap 7″ displays that connect to development boards via a flat cable, or – more versatile – via a HDMI cable. Those do not always come with a case, so...

More...

BBen MN10 TV Stick Review – Windows 10, Ubuntu 17.04, Benchmarks, and Kodi
    The BBEN MN10 is the second Apollo Lake device to be released in the stick form-factor and on paper looks to have a lot to offer: It features an Apollo Lake N3350 SoC, an unusual 3GB of RAM, 64GB of...

More...

Fingbox Helps You Monitor & Manage Devices on Your Network with Your iOS/Android Smartphone
    Fing network scanner mobile app available for iOS and Android that allows you to discover which devices are connected to your Wi-Fi network, map devices, detect intruders, assess network security...

More...

HackaBLE Board is a Tiny, Breadboard-Friendly Bluetooth LE Development Board
    Earlier this year, I wrote about Electronut Labs’ Bluey development board powered by Nordic Semi nRF52832 development board with BLE, NFC, and a few sensors, and partially open source hardware...

More...

Google mentioned TensorFlow Lite at Google I/O 2017 last may, an implementation of TensorFlow open source machine learning library specifically optimized for embedded use cases. The company said...

More...

4K UltraHD TVs have now become affordable, with prices not that far from HD television sets for a given size. But what about 4K projectors? We first find out about development in this space with a...

More...

Wandboard launched in 2012 using Freescale i.MX6 Solo/Dual processor, following soon after by Wandbord Quad. We are not hearing much about those boards today, but since the processor comes with 10 to...

More...

When hardware vendors announced Arm based servers they also claim support for operating systems such as Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux, so I assumed software support was more or less...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default STMicro Introduces Ultra-efficient STM32L4+ Series MCUs with Better Pe

STMicroelectronics has announced an upgrade to their STM32L4 series Cortex-M4 micro-controllers with STM32L4+ series upping the maximum frequency from 80 MHz to 120 MHz delivering up to 150 DMIPS...

More...

Intel is supposed to have left the mobile and IoT markets, but a few month ago, I wrote about Spreadtrum SC9861G-IA, an octa-core Intel Airmont SoC designed for LTE smartphones. Airmont is the...

More...

It’s always fun to buy electronics and gadgets from China, while there are sometimes technical “headaches”, they are mostly solvable and part of the fun. But in some cases,...

More...

Allwinner H6 Datasheet and User Manual Released
    Putting aside the ill-fated Allwinner A80 SoC, Allwinner H6 is the first Allwinner processor with multiple high speed interfaces such as Gigabit Ethernet, USB 3.0 and PCIe, and also support 4K HDR...

More...

QNAP QBoat Sunny IoT Mini Server Board Officially Announced with Annapurna Labs AL-314 ARM Processor
    We first had a glance at QNAP QBoat Sunny at CES 2017. At the time, QNAP IoT development board was powered by an Intel AnyWAN GRX750 dual core Atom based processor with 2GB RAM, 4GB flash, three...

More...

Xiaomi Mi A1 Smartphone Review – Part 2: Android 7.1.2 Firmware
    Google recently announced several Android One smartphones, which are supposed to get 2 years of firmware updates, including to the latest version of Android, such as HTC U11 Life and Android One Moto...

More...

Magicsee C300 is a $70 DVB-T2/C & DVB-S2 Android Set-Top Box Powered by Amlogic S905D SoC
    Amlogic S905D processor is an evolution of Amlogic S905X with Gigabit Ethernet support, and TS interfaces for digital TV tuners. That explains why most devices launched with the processor come with...

More...

Tronxy X3S 3D Printer Review – Part 3: Upgrades to Fix Bed Leveling Issues (Permanently)
    Karl here. I have had the Tronxy X3S 3D printer for a while now. It prints well but as I mentioned in previous articles I had to level for every print. Actually near the end I would just overpower...

More...

First OpenCL Encounters on Cortex-A72: Some Benchmarking
    This is a guest post by blu about his experience with OpenCL on MacchiatoBin board with a quad core Cortex A72 processor and an Intel based MacBook. He previously contributed several technical...

More...

Texas Instruments MSP430 Value Line Sensing MCUs Sell for 25 Cents and Up
    Texas Instruments MSP430 16-bit mixed signal microcontroller has been around since at least 2004, and the last time I played with the MCU was with eZ430-Chronos wireless watch development kit in...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Colorful C.J1900A-BTX Plus V20 Bay Trail Motherboard Takes 8 Graphics

Intel Bay Trail processors are mostly found in tablets, 2-in-1 hybrid laptops, and mini PCs, and they’ve often give placed to Cherry Trail processors, and in some cases Apollo Lake ones. x86...

More...

Linux 4.14 Release – Main Changes, ARM & MIPS Architecture
    Linus Torvalds has announced the release of Linux 4.14: No surprises this week, although it is probably worth pointing out how the 0day robot has been getting even better (it was very useful before,...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Compact Renesas RZ/G1C based ARM Linux Single Board Computer Exposes 1

iWave Systems has released a new business card sized single board computer (SBC) with iW-RainboW-G23S, which looks somewhat similar to a Raspberry Pi 3 board, but is equipped with Renesas RZ/G1C...

More...

VoltaStream AMP1 Linux Audio Board Includes a Stereo Audio Amplifier, Adds WiFi and Bluetooth
    Last summer I wrote about VoltaStream ZERO an audio board powered by NXP i.MX6ULL processor, with up to 1GB RAM, a Texas Instruments DAC, and leveraging Raspberry Pi Zero form factor. The board runs...

More...

Prologium Lithium Ceramic Solid State Batteries Don’t Catch Fire, Nor Explode
    You must have read articles or watch videos showing laptop or smartphone battery explode, and Lithium-ion batteries are considered hazardous enough that they are banned from airplane without the...

More...

Hisilicon Hi3559A V100ES is an 8K Camera SoC with a Neural Network Accelerator
    Earlier today, I published a review of JeVois-A33 machine vision camera, noting that processing is handled by the four Cortex A7 cores of Allwinner A33 processor, but in the future we can expect such...

More...

Bolt IoT Platform Combines ESP8266, Mobile Apps, Cloud, and Machine Learning (Crowdfunding)
    There are plenty of hardware to implemented IoT projects now, but in many cases a full integration to get data from sensors to the cloud requires going though a long list of instructions. Bolt IoT,...

More...

JeVois-A33 Linux Computer Vision Camera Review – Part 2: Setup, Guided Tour, Documentation & Customization
    Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, etc.. are all terms we hear frequently those days. JeVois-A33 smart machine vision camera powered by Allwinner A33 quad core processor was...

More...

International Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals in 2017
    Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2017 deals have started to show up on some Chinese e-retailers website, so as every year, I’ll go through a non-exhaustive list with the most popular websites....

More...

Nexell NXC100 Voice Recognition Chip, NXP4330Q Processor, and ALTO Development Board
    I wrote about NanoPi Fire2 & Fire3A boards based on Nexell S5P processors a few days ago, and at the time, as I checked out Nexell website, I found out about the company’s NXC100 Voice...

More...

Pi/104 Carrier Board for Raspberry Pi Compute Modules (Partially) Complies with PC/104 OneBank Specs (Crowdfunding)
    The PC/104 consortium maintains various standards for embedded computer defining both the buses to use and form factors. PC/104 SBCs/boards are mainly used in rugged industrial computers, and...

More...

Black Friday is coming soon, so we’ll start to see more an more interesting deals in the day ahead. Last summer, I wrote about what should be the cheapest RK3399 development board: Sapphire,...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default This 7″ HDMI Display with Stand Sells for $37 (Promo)

We’ve already seen cheap 7″ displays that connect to development boards via a flat cable, or – more versatile – via a HDMI cable. Those do not always come with a case, so...

More...

The BBEN MN10 is the second Apollo Lake device to be released in the stick form-factor and on paper looks to have a lot to offer: It features an Apollo Lake N3350 SoC, an unusual 3GB of RAM, 64GB of...

More...

Fingbox Helps You Monitor & Manage Devices on Your Network with Your iOS/Android Smartphone
    Fing network scanner mobile app available for iOS and Android that allows you to discover which devices are connected to your Wi-Fi network, map devices, detect intruders, assess network security...

More...

Earlier this year, I wrote about Electronut Labs’ Bluey development board powered by Nordic Semi nRF52832 development board with BLE, NFC, and a few sensors, and partially open source hardware...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Allwinner H6 Datasheet and User Manual Released

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Sub $20 TV Box, and 14% Discount on TV Boxes and Mini PCs (Promo)

Black Friday is over, but companies still offer discounts for Cyber Monday, and GearBest has some specific deals for TV boxes and mini PCs. If you are after the cheapest TV box model around, Sunvell...

More...

Review of ITEAD Studio IP66 Waterproof Case for Sonoff Wireless Switches (and Other Boards)
    ITEAD Studio recently launched a waterproof enclosure for $2.90 (now at still a decent $3.90), rated IP66, for their family of Sonoff wireless switches, so you can safely use them outdoors protected...

More...

Octo SPI / HyperBus Interface is Designed for High Speed Serial Flash, RAM, and MCP
    So far, if you needed high speed storage with low pin count in your MCU based board, you could use QSPI (Quad SPI) NOR flash, but earlier this month I wrote about STM32L4+ MCU family, which added two...

More...

Cheap Evil Tech – WiFi Deauther V2.0 Board and Autonomous Mini Killer Drones
    Most technological advances usually improve life of people, and with the costs coming down dramatically over the years, available to more people. But technology can be used for bad, for example by...

More...

Gameshell Portable Retro Gaming Console Features Clockwork Pi Allwinner R16 Board (Crowdfunding)
    Allwinner R16 with its lowly four Cortex A7 cores and Mali-400MP2 GPU would not normally come to mind when designing a gaming console. But Nintendo used the R16 processor twice in their retro gaming...

More...

Detect Lightning with Those AMS AS3935 “Thunder” Boards
    Launched in 2012, AMS AS3935 Franklin lightning sensor_ is – at its name implies – a lightning sensing IC. The chip was designed for low power, portable or fixed wire-line applications,...

More...

VoltaStream AMP1 Linux Audio Board Includes a Stereo Audio Amplifier, Adds WiFi and Bluetooth
    Last summer I wrote about VoltaStream ZERO an audio board powered by NXP i.MX6ULL processor, with up to 1GB RAM, a Texas Instruments DAC, and leveraging Raspberry Pi Zero form factor. The board runs...

More...

Prologium Lithium Ceramic Solid State Batteries Don’t Catch Fire, Nor Explode
    You must have read articles or watch videos showing laptop or smartphone battery explode, and Lithium-ion batteries are considered hazardous enough that they are banned from airplane without the...

More...

Hisilicon Hi3559A V100ES is an 8K Camera SoC with a Neural Network Accelerator
    Earlier today, I published a review of JeVois-A33 machine vision camera, noting that processing is handled by the four Cortex A7 cores of Allwinner A33 processor, but in the future we can expect such...

More...

Bolt IoT Platform Combines ESP8266, Mobile Apps, Cloud, and Machine Learning (Crowdfunding)
    There are plenty of hardware to implemented IoT projects now, but in many cases a full integration to get data from sensors to the cloud requires going though a long list of instructions. Bolt IoT,...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default JeVois-A33 Linux Computer Vision Camera Review – Part 2: Setup, Guide

Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, etc.. are all terms we hear frequently those days. JeVois-A33 smart machine vision camera powered by Allwinner A33 quad core processor was...

More...

International Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals in 2017
    Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2017 deals have started to show up on some Chinese e-retailers website, so as every year, I’ll go through a non-exhaustive list with the most popular websites....

More...

Nexell NXC100 Voice Recognition Chip, NXP4330Q Processor, and ALTO Development Board
    I wrote about NanoPi Fire2 & Fire3A boards based on Nexell S5P processors a few days ago, and at the time, as I checked out Nexell website, I found out about the company’s NXC100 Voice...

More...

Pi/104 Carrier Board for Raspberry Pi Compute Modules (Partially) Complies with PC/104 OneBank Specs (Crowdfunding)
    The PC/104 consortium maintains various standards for embedded computer defining both the buses to use and form factors. PC/104 SBCs/boards are mainly used in rugged industrial computers, and...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default WandPi 8M Development Board Coming Soon with NXP i.MX8M SoC for $89 an

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Netgate SG-3100 is an ARM based pfSense Firewall Appliance

pfSense software is a popular open source firewall distribution based on FreeBSD operating system that is entirely managed via a web interface. Up until recently, FreeBSD would only support x86-64...

More...

Mozilla Adds HTML5 AV1 Video Support to Firefox 59 Nightly Builds
    Last year, we wrote about AV1 royalty-free open source video codec managed by the Alliance for Open Media (AOMedia), a non-profit organization with members such as Amazon, Cisco, Google, Intel,...

More...

Vorke Z3 Rockchip RK3399 TV Box Gets Android 7.1 Firmware
    Earlier today, I discovered Cloudnetgo CR19 TV Box based on Rockchip RK3399 SoC and equipped with an external SATA port sold on GeekBuying. At first, I thought it was something completely new, but...

More...

HDMI 2.1 Features Overview
    HDMI 2.1 was announced last January with support for up to 10K @ 120 Hz while using Display Stream Compression (DSC) and new 48Gbps cables, as well as other improvements. The HDMI Forum has now...

More...

Acme CM3-Home is a Raspberry Pi 3 Compatible Board Designed for Home Automation
    Raspberry Pi CM3 & CM3L modules are used in so many devices it’s hard to keep up. From NEC digital signage displays, to industrial touch panels, and IoT gateways, the Broadcom BCM2837 based...

More...

Compulab IOT-GATE-RPi Industrial IoT Computer is Powered by Raspberry Pi CM3 Module
    We’ve seen several industrial products powered by Raspberry Pi 3 board or CM3 module recently, with the likes of Industrial Shields Panel PC, TECHBASE ModBerry, or Pi/104 PC/104 compliant...

More...

Xiaomi Unveils Their Very Own ESP32 Development Board, Module & SDK
    We now have plenty of modules and board based on Espressif System ESP32 dual core wireless SoC, and a fairly good software support with ESP IDF SDK, Arduino Core,_ MicroPython, Espruino and other...

More...

NXP Announces OpenIL Industrial Real-Time Linux Distribution for Industry 4.0
    NXP has announced the release of OpenIL industrial Linux distribution with real-time OS extensions and Time-Sensitive Networking (TSN) support for factory-automation for the Industry 4.0 era. The...

More...

Armbian v5.35 Released with Linux 4.13, U-boot v2017.09, New Boards Support
    Armbian v5.35 has been released last Friday as a major update that brings Linux mainline kernel to version 4.13, U-Boot mainline to version v2017.09, adds support for 7″ Raspberry Pi display,...

More...

Amlogic S905X vs Rockchip RK3328 vs Allwinner H6 Processors – Benchmarks & Features Comparison
    Rockchip, Amlogic and Allwinner are all battling for the lower and mid range segment of the TV box market, so it may be interesting to compare their solutions. We won’t look into the ultra...

More...

Page 36 of 97 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast