Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 38 of 97 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Azulle Byte3 Mini PC Review – Windows 10, Linux Support, Benchmarks, a

The Azulle Byte3 is a fanless Apollo Lake device featuring both M.2 slot and a SATA connector, as well as supporting HDMI and VGA. It includes USB (both 2.0 and 3.0 including a Type-C port) as well...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Qualcomm Developer’s Guide to Artificial Intelligence (AI)

Qualcomm has many terms like ML (Machine Learning), DL (Deep Learning), CNN (Convolutional Neural Network),_ ANN (Artificial Neural Networks), etc.. and is currently made possible via frameworks such...

More...

Ubuntu 17.10 May Corrupt the BIOS on Some Lenovo, Acer, Dell, and Other Laptops
    Canonical has decided to temporarily remove the download link to Ubuntu 17.10 due leaving a notice reading: The download of Ubuntu 17.10 is currently discouraged due to an issue on certain Lenovo...

More...

SolidRun MACCHIATObin Single Shot Networking Board Launched for $269 and Up
    Earlier this month, I listed SoliRun MACCHIATObin networking board as one of the top 5 most powerful ARM boards in 2017/2018, thanks to its fast quad core Cortex A72 processor, support for up to 16GB...

More...

Apertus AXIOM Beta Open Source Professional Digital Cinema is Built around MicroZed Board
    Apertus AXIOM Beta is a professional digital cinema camera built around FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) and open hardware licenses. The project started around year 2011 with AXIOM Alpha camera,...

More...

Seagate to Make Larger, Faster Hard Drives with HAMR and Multi Actuator Technology
    SSDs may eventually replace HDDs, but the latter still have many years of life, as they come with higher capacity, and much lower price per gigabyte. But as capacity increases, performance also needs...

More...

TDK CeraCharge Solid State Battery-in-a-Chip is Designed for IoT & Wearables
    We’ve recently seen solid state batteries are prone to dislodge current Lithium Ion battery technology as they are safer, support higher energy density, and faster charging. Such batteries are...

More...

Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGA Integrates High Bandwidth Memory DRAM (HBM2)
    Intel started sampling (Altera) Stratix 10 ARM + FPGA SoC in late 2016, and now the company has announced the availability the new Stratix 10 MX FPGA family wih High Bandwidth Memory DRAM (HBM2). The...

More...

How to Use Khadas VIM2 Board with VTV Expansion DTV Board as a Live TV Streaming Server
    Khadas VIM2 is the first and only Amlogic S912 based hobbyist development board on the market, which makes it interesting by itself, but the company also added some interesting features such as an...

More...

QNAP QBoat Sunny Review – Part 1: Unboxing, Closer Look, and Initial Setup
    We spotted the QBoat Sunny at QNAP’s booth back at CES in January and much has changed since then. Not only did QNAP change from an Intel based solution to an ARM based one, but the product seems to...

More...

Zotac ZBOX PI225 Review – SSD-Like Mini PC Tested with Windows 10 & Ubuntu
    What makes the Zotac ZBOX PI225 so interesting is that this is the first true ‘card’ form-factor mini PC. It is a mini PC that looks like a SSD. Whilst Intel replaced the ‘stick’ form-factor with a...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Arduino & Grove Compatible StitchKit Mixes Fashion & Technology (Crowd

I don’t really get fashion. For example, I don’t understand why somebody would spend $100 on a pair of “Jean-Patrick Coultier” trousers, while you could get pretty much the...

More...

Microsemi VSC7513 and VSC7514 MIPS SoCs for Ethernet Switches Get Initial Mainline Linux Support
    Microsemi VSC7514 is a 10-port Gigabit Ethernet (GbE)/SMB switch supporting a combination of 1G and 2.5G Ethernet ports, and VSC7513 comes with basically the same features except it’s limited 8...

More...

Google Announces LoWPAN/Thread Support in Android Things DP 6.1
    Not to be confused with LPWAN (Low Power Wide Area Network), LoWPAN (Low Power Wireless Personal Area Network) solutions are designed for peer-to-peer usage on constrained battery-powered devices...

More...

Mediatek Unveils Sensio MT6381 6-in-1 Biosensor Module for Smartphones
    Nearly exactly two years ago, Samsung unveiled S3FBP5A bio-processor for fitness tracking wearables with five analog frontends measuring PPG, ECG,skin temperature, BIA, and GSR data, and that is (or...

More...

Holo P2P Distributed Hosting is Powered by Holochain Technology, Leverages Holo Fuel Cryptocurrency (Crowdfunding)
    The Internet is now mostly centralized, for example most people search with Google, and Facebook dominates the social media space in many countries. That also means access to content can easily be...

More...

More Low Cost ARM Linux NAS Platforms Coming Soon: Popcorn Hour Transformer (XL), ODROID-HC2
    Last summer, Hardkernel launched ODROID-HC1 Home Cloud 1 taking a single 2.5″ hard drive, and based on a modified version of their popular Exynos 5422 powered ODROID-XU4 board where they...

More...

$10 Self-Powered Thermometer Displays Shower Water Temperature in Real-Time
    I now live in a house with an electric water heater which warms the temperature on the fly to the temperature we set on the display, provided it’s not too cold. But in the past, I lived in...

More...

NanoPi NEO Core and NEO Core2 Allwinner H3/H5 Systems-on-Module Launched for $7.99 and Up
    FriendlyELEC has launched many cool NanoPi development boards such as NanoPi NEO2, NanoPi A64, or more recently NanoPi Duo based on Allwinner H- or A- series ARM processors, as well as some models...

More...

Geniatech & Arrow Are Working on Tablet Docks for 96Boards Development Boards
    Geniatech has been working on some interesting tablet docks specifically designed for 96boards compliant hardware platform. They showcased a prototype at Linaro Connect US 2017 with their...

More...

VESA Introduces DisplayHDR Specifications for PC Monitors and Laptop Displays
    HDR (High Dynamic Range) used to be a feature specific to cameras, but recently HDR got into phones and televisions with solutions like HLG, HDR10 or Dolby Vision. The_Video Electronics Standards...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default F6 / GOLE 10 Mini PC Tablet Review- Part 1: Specs, Unboxing and Teardo

Mini PCs and tablets are normally distinct product category, but in recent years we’ve seen mini PCs fitted with touchscreen displays, which are somewhat like industrial panel PCs with mostly...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default What’s the Best Android TV Box (2017/2018 Edition)?

Since I was often asked which TV box to buy, I wrote a guide entitled “What’s the best Android TV box?” in April 2016. Time has passed, new products have launched, I tested more...

More...

SATXTREM OTT Box & WiFi Router Combo Runs Android 7.1 on Amlogic S905X Processor
    There are so many Amlogic S905X/S912 TV boxes on the market that offer the same features, I’ve long stopped reporting on all new models, unless they have very specific features, or are made by...

More...

Khronos Group Releases Neural Network Exchange Format (NNEF) 1.0 Specification
    The Khronos Group, the organization behind widely used standards for graphics, parallel computing, or vision processing such as OpenGL, Vulkan, or OpenCL, has recently published NNEF 1.0 (Neural...

More...

Haven Open Source App Transforms Your Old Android Smartphone into a Smart Security Camera
    About two years ago, I wrote a post asking what to do with old devices instead of throwing them away. My own proposals included giving them away, reselling them on eBay, recycling them for other...

More...

Renesas R-Car M3 Starter Kit is Designed for ADAS Applications
    Most boards targeting the automotive market are impossible to purchase by individual, so last year I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered Renesas R-Car M2 Porter Linux automotive infotainment...

More...

PiPO P10 Phoenix OS 2-in-1 Laptop is Powered by Rockchip RK3399 Processor
    Phoenix OS is an operating system based on Android 7.1 with desktop optimizations, and is one of the last few options if you plan to run Android on x86 platforms as other projects such as Remix OS...

More...

H96 Mini TV Box with HDMI Input Sold for $40 (Promo)
    H96 Mini is a TV Box powered by Amlogic T962E quad core Cortex A53 processor that supports both HDMI output and input. When I first covered the device, it was not very clear what was possible with...

More...

Obniz ESP32 Board is Programmable in JavaScript from the Cloud (Crowdfunding)
    ESP32 WiFi / Bluetooth boards are now commonly supported by the Arduino IDE, and alternative firmwares are also available to program them using JavaScript (e.g. Espruino), or MicroPython. But if are...

More...

Canonical has decided to temporarily remove the download link to Ubuntu 17.10 due leaving a notice reading: The download of Ubuntu 17.10 is currently discouraged due to an issue on certain Lenovo...

More...

Earlier this month, I listed SoliRun MACCHIATObin networking board as one of the top 5 most powerful ARM boards in 2017/2018, thanks to its fast quad core Cortex A72 processor, support for up to 16GB...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Apertus AXIOM Beta Open Source Professional Digital Cinema is Built ar

Apertus AXIOM Beta is a professional digital cinema camera built around FOSS (Free and Open Source Software) and open hardware licenses. The project started around year 2011 with AXIOM Alpha camera,...

More...

Seagate to Make Larger, Faster Hard Drives with HAMR and Multi Actuator Technology
    SSDs may eventually replace HDDs, but the latter still have many years of life, as they come with higher capacity, and much lower price per gigabyte. But as capacity increases, performance also needs...

More...

We’ve recently seen solid state batteries are prone to dislodge current Lithium Ion battery technology as they are safer, support higher energy density, and faster charging. Such batteries are...

More...

Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGA Integrates High Bandwidth Memory DRAM (HBM2)
    Intel started sampling (Altera) Stratix 10 ARM + FPGA SoC in late 2016, and now the company has announced the availability the new Stratix 10 MX FPGA family wih High Bandwidth Memory DRAM (HBM2). The...

More...

How to Use Khadas VIM2 Board with VTV Expansion DTV Board as a Live TV Streaming Server
    Khadas VIM2 is the first and only Amlogic S912 based hobbyist development board on the market, which makes it interesting by itself, but the company also added some interesting features such as an...

More...

QNAP QBoat Sunny Review – Part 1: Unboxing, Closer Look, and Initial Setup
    We spotted the QBoat Sunny at QNAP’s booth back at CES in January and much has changed since then. Not only did QNAP change from an Intel based solution to an ARM based one, but the product seems to...

More...

Zotac ZBOX PI225 Review – SSD-Like Mini PC Tested with Windows 10 & Ubuntu
    What makes the Zotac ZBOX PI225 so interesting is that this is the first true ‘card’ form-factor mini PC. It is a mini PC that looks like a SSD. Whilst Intel replaced the ‘stick’ form-factor with a...

More...

Microsemi VSC7513 and VSC7514 MIPS SoCs for Ethernet Switches Get Initial Mainline Linux Support
    Microsemi VSC7514 is a 10-port Gigabit Ethernet (GbE)/SMB switch supporting a combination of 1G and 2.5G Ethernet ports, and VSC7513 comes with basically the same features except it’s limited 8...

More...

Google Announces LoWPAN/Thread Support in Android Things DP 6.1
    Not to be confused with LPWAN (Low Power Wide Area Network), LoWPAN (Low Power Wireless Personal Area Network) solutions are designed for peer-to-peer usage on constrained battery-powered devices...

More...

Mediatek Unveils Sensio MT6381 6-in-1 Biosensor Module for Smartphones
    Nearly exactly two years ago, Samsung unveiled S3FBP5A bio-processor for fitness tracking wearables with five analog frontends measuring PPG, ECG,skin temperature, BIA, and GSR data, and that is (or...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Holo P2P Distributed Hosting is Powered by Holochain Technology, Lever

The Internet is now mostly centralized, for example most people search with Google, and Facebook dominates the social media space in many countries. That also means access to content can easily be...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Dune HD Unveils 5 Entry Level to Premium 4K HDR Linux + Android Media

Dune HD is known to make high-end digital media players that often costs several hundred dollars such as Sigma Designs based Dune HD SOLO 4K or Dune HD Solo Lite. The company has now sent out an...

More...

Google Assistant SDK Now Supports Device Actions, More Languages (French, German, Japanese)
    Back in May 2017, Google released the Assistant SDK that worked on Raspberry Pi 3, and other ARM boards, essentially transforming low cost development boards into Google Home equivalent. The SDK...

More...

Orange Pi One Plus Allwinner H6 Board Launched for $20
    Allwinner H6 is a processor designed for 4K HDR set-top boxes such as Zidoo H6 Pro, but with USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, and PCIe interfaces, the processor is also a good candidate for ARM development...

More...

Garmin Launches Vivofit 4 Activity Tracker with One Year Battery Life
    I have not spent much time covering wearables like smartwatches and fitness trackers this year, mostly because I find they have too many flaws at this stage. Back in 2016, I found many had a short...

More...

Help Testing TLS 1.3 Compatibility for a More Efficient & Secure Internet
    Transport Layer Security (TLS) is the protocol that allows for secure websites (via https), and currently, TLS 1.2 is the version most commonly used today, with 1.0 and 1.1 still supported by many...

More...

More Details about Goldmont Plus Microarchitecture (used in Gemini Lake Processors)
    2017 was the year of systems based on Intel’s low power, low cost Apollo Lake processors, and provided Intel does not suddenly decide to cancel yet another product, they will be replaced by...

More...

ALio Proto Board Supports Through Hole, DIP, and SMD Components (Crowdfunding)
    Perfboards and stripboards are very useful to design your own simple electronic boards without having to design your own board from scratch. However, you have to select through hole or DIP...

More...

$17 Sonoff S31 Wireless Smart Socket Includes Energy Monitoring Function
    ITEAD Studio has just launched another Sonoff Smart Home product with Sonoff S31 WiFi smart socket with energy monitoring. Just like Sonoff switches, light bulbs, and their other products, the device...

More...

UBPorts Ubuntu Touch Firmware to Add Android App Support using Anbox
    Last spring, Canonical stopped working on mobile and convergence, and dropped any work on Unity, which explains why Ubuntu 17.10 is now running Gnome desktop environment by default. The company had...

More...

SATXTREM OTT Box & WiFi Router Combo Runs Android 7.1 on Amlogic S905X Processor
    There are so many Amlogic S905X/S912 TV boxes on the market that offer the same features, I’ve long stopped reporting on all new models, unless they have very specific features, or are made by...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Khronos Group Releases Neural Network Exchange Format (NNEF) 1.0 Speci

The Khronos Group, the organization behind widely used standards for graphics, parallel computing, or vision processing such as OpenGL, Vulkan, or OpenCL, has recently published NNEF 1.0 (Neural...

More...

Haven Open Source App Transforms Your Old Android Smartphone into a Smart Security Camera
    About two years ago, I wrote a post asking what to do with old devices instead of throwing them away. My own proposals included giving them away, reselling them on eBay, recycling them for other...

More...

Most boards targeting the automotive market are impossible to purchase by individual, so last year I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered Renesas R-Car M2 Porter Linux automotive infotainment...

More...

Phoenix OS is an operating system based on Android 7.1 with desktop optimizations, and is one of the last few options if you plan to run Android on x86 platforms as other projects such as Remix OS...

More...

H96 Mini is a TV Box powered by Amlogic T962E quad core Cortex A53 processor that supports both HDMI output and input. When I first covered the device, it was not very clear what was possible with...

More...

ESP32 WiFi / Bluetooth boards are now commonly supported by the Arduino IDE, and alternative firmwares are also available to program them using JavaScript (e.g. Espruino), or MicroPython. But if are...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Intel Stratix 10 MX FPGA Integrates High Bandwidth Memory DRAM (HBM2)

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Year 2017 in Review, Top 10 Posts, and Some Fun Stats

2017 is coming to an end, and as I do every year, I’ll take a look back at the year that was on CNX Software. The pace of development boards launches has not slowed down this year, and we get...

More...

Grapeboard Raspberry Pi Lookalike Comes with Dual Gigabit Ethernet, Two USB 3.0 Ports
    Scalys is a startup founded in 2016 in the Netherlands by Sintecs in order to provide advanced high-performance embedded system solutions for automotive-, avionics-, defence-, industrial-, medical...

More...

Mecool KII Pro Set-Top-Box Upgraded to Amlogic S905D Processor, Android 7.1.2
    VideoStrong is making some of the most popular – at least on this website – Android set-box boxes with digital TV tuner on the market with products like Mecool KIII Pro, or KI Pro, mostly...

More...

Google Assistant SDK Now Supports Device Actions, More Languages (French, German, Japanese)
    Back in May 2017, Google released the Assistant SDK that worked on Raspberry Pi 3, and other ARM boards, essentially transforming low cost development boards into Google Home equivalent. The SDK...

More...

Allwinner H6 is a processor designed for 4K HDR set-top boxes such as Zidoo H6 Pro, but with USB 3.0, Gigabit Ethernet, and PCIe interfaces, the processor is also a good candidate for ARM development...

More...

I have not spent much time covering wearables like smartwatches and fitness trackers this year, mostly because I find they have too many flaws at this stage. Back in 2016, I found many had a short...

More...

Transport Layer Security (TLS) is the protocol that allows for secure websites (via https), and currently, TLS 1.2 is the version most commonly used today, with 1.0 and 1.1 still supported by many...

More...

More Details about Goldmont Plus Microarchitecture (used in Gemini Lake Processors)
    2017 was the year of systems based on Intel’s low power, low cost Apollo Lake processors, and provided Intel does not suddenly decide to cancel yet another product, they will be replaced by...

More...

Perfboards and stripboards are very useful to design your own simple electronic boards without having to design your own board from scratch. However, you have to select through hole or DIP...

More...

ITEAD Studio has just launched another Sonoff Smart Home product with Sonoff S31 WiFi smart socket with energy monitoring. Just like Sonoff switches, light bulbs, and their other products, the device...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default UBPorts Ubuntu Touch Firmware to Add Android App Support using Anbox

Last spring, Canonical stopped working on mobile and convergence, and dropped any work on Unity, which explains why Ubuntu 17.10 is now running Gnome desktop environment by default. The company had...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default $129 Allwinner R18 based 3-Mic Far Field Amazon AVS Development Kit in

Several companies are already offering development kits for Amazon AVS (Alexa Voice Service), but as we’ve seen in the past, those are rather expensive with far-field kits such starting at $349...

More...

OpenWrt & LEDE Projects Merge Announced
    The LEDE project was created in 2016, as a fork of OpenWrt because of a split among developers, so we had OpenWrt and LEDE projects running side-by-side for nearly two years now. However, there were...

More...

Samsung Announces Exynos 9810 Octa-core Processor Optimized for AI and Multimedia Applications
    Samsung Electronics has just announced the launch of Exynos 9 Series 9810 (Exynos 9810) manufactured with Samsung’s 10-nm FinFET process, featuring an eight core processor clocked up to 2.9 GHz, a...

More...

Companies Address Concerns related to Speculative Execution Exploits: Meltdown and Spectre
    Yesterday, news surfaced about a “bug” in Intel processors that could be fixed at the operating system level at the cost of a decrease in performance for some tasks, from a typical, and...

More...

Laceli AI Compute Stick is a More Powerful & Efficient Alternative to Intel/Movidius Neural Compute Stick
    Intel’s Movidius Neural Compute Stick is a low power deep learning inference kit and “self-contained” artificial intelligence (A.I.) accelerator that connects to the USB port of...

More...

Realtek RTD1295 based X2 Android TV Stick Comes with HDMI Output, HDMI Input
    Realtek RTD1295 processor is found in mid to high end 4K HDR TV boxes with interfaces like SATA, USB 3.0, as well as HDMI input used for PiP or video recording features. Devices equipped with the...

More...

SRH-X5 is a Palm-sized Android TV Box based on Amlogic S905W Processor
    Amlogic S905W processor is a cost down version of S905X processor limited to 1080p60 / 4K30 video output and found in low cost TV boxes such as Tanix TX3 or X96 Mini that sells for just above $20...

More...

Intel Hardware Security Bug Fix to Hit Performance on Windows, Linux…
    Many security bugs can be fixed without performance penalty , but according to reports Intel processors have a hardware bug – whose details have not been disclosed yet (embargo) – that...

More...

PICO-APL3 Apollo Lake Pico-ITX Board Comes with an Optional TPM 2.0 Module
    AAEON has launched another industrial Pico-ITX board powered by Intel Celeron/Pentium Apollo Lake processors with their PICO-APL3 Pico-ITX single board computer featuring either Celeron N3350 or...

More...

LittleFS is an Open Source, Low Footprint, Resilient File System Designed for Tiny Devices
    Most devices need to store data either configuration files, sensor data firmware updates, and while it’s in theory possible to write directly to the storage device, it’s normally not a...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Xiaomi Mi A1 (Android One) Smartphone Gets Android 8.0 OTA Firmware Up

Google gave a new life to its Android One program last year with products such as Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphone, which also happens to be my main phone. One of the main benefits of getting an Android One...

More...

Grapeboard Raspberry Pi Lookalike Comes with Dual Gigabit Ethernet, Two USB 3.0 Ports
    Scalys is a startup founded in 2016 in the Netherlands by Sintecs in order to provide advanced high-performance embedded system solutions for automotive-, avionics-, defence-, industrial-, medical...

More...

Mecool KII Pro Set-Top-Box Upgraded to Amlogic S905D Processor, Android 7.1.2
    VideoStrong is making some of the most popular – at least on this website – Android set-box boxes with digital TV tuner on the market with products like Mecool KIII Pro, or KI Pro, mostly...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default SATXTREM OTT Box & WiFi Router Combo Runs Android 7.1 on Amlogic S905X

More...

Page 38 of 97 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast