Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Official Rockchip Github Account and Wiki Launched?

Following the popularity og RK3066 and RK3188 processors in 2013, a community of developers for Rockchip Linux and Android development was created with corresponding linux-rockchip github account,...

More...

VersaLogic Osprey is an Industrial & Military Grade Intel Bay Trail Single Board Computer
    Versalogic Osprey “Embedded Processing Unit” (EPU) is a single board computer powered by Intel Bay Trail-I CPU modules with 2 to 4GB RAM, up to 8GB flash, dual Gigabit Ethernet, two mini...

More...

U-Boot Now Supports UEFI on 32-bit and 64-bit ARM Platforms
    Intel/AMD x86 based computers now boot via a standard UEFI binary, which can load grub2, allows you to update the command line as needed, or select different version of the Linux kernel. On ARM...

More...

Google QUIC is a Secure UDP Protocol Aiming to Replace TCP + TLS
    A lot of traffic over the Internet goes through_ secure https connections. Under the hood this requires a 3-way handshake to establish a TCP connection, followed by even more packets exchanged...

More...

4Duino-24 is an Arduino compatible 2.4a€³ Color IoT Display Module with Atmel MCU and ESP8266 Module
    I played with ITEAD Studio NEXTION serial color displays for Arduino boards and the likes a few months ago, and while the hardware seems good and the company offer a large choice of 2.4″ to...

More...

DVB Channel Editor Tools for K1 Plus T2 S2 Android TV Box
    K1 Plus T2/S2 is one of the most popular Android TV boxes with digital tuners, including both DVB-T2/T/C and DVB-S2/S tuners, and I get frequent comments and questions on K1 Plus T2 S2 review. One of...

More...

Multiple Videos Encoding and Decoding in Android on Firefly-RK3288 Development Board
    Some applications like digital signage and video surveillance may require simultaneous video playback, and encoding to send over the network. ARM platforms may not be powerful enough to achieve those...

More...

Mediatek Helio X30 Deca-core SoC Features ARM Cortex-A73, Cortex A53, and Cortex A35 Processor Cores
    Mediatek introduced Helio X20 last year with a tri-cluster architecture comprised of 2 powerful ARM Cortex A72 cores, 4 Cortex A53 cores, and 4 extra Cortex A53 cores operating at a lower frequency,...

More...

How to Resolve Slow Boot Times in Ubuntu 16.04
    I’ve recently upgraded my machine from Ubuntu 14.04.4 to Ubuntu 16.04.1, but while my computer used to boot in about 40 seconds, after the upgrade boot times increased considerably to 2 to 3...

More...

TW68 Smart Bracelet Measures Blood Pressure and Heart Rate for $22 and Up
    Some people may need to frequently measure their blood pressure because of their health condition, but it’s often a cumbersome experience, so they may get lazy, and not do it as often as...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Rikomagic MK22 Amlogic S912 TV Box is Coming Soon

We already know Amlogic S912 TV boxes are coming, after several Amlogic S912 TV box boards surfaced, and products such as Qintaix Q912, and Beelink GT1 were announced. So it’s no surprise that...

More...

Tanix TX5 Pro TV Box Review – Part 1: Unboxing, Teardown, and Hands-on
    Karl here with Tanix TX5 Pro S905X review. This is my first s905x box. I am splitting this into 2 parts because software is not quite up to snuff yet. I ran into some issues with language reverting...

More...

ESP8266 Gets USB Support Thanks to ESPUSB Software Stack
    Neither ESP8266 nor ESP32 support USB, so what am I babbling about? No, ESP8622 did not suddenly grow a USB PHY, but cnlohr decided to implement virtual USB support using two GPIOs (12 & 13) for...

More...

Inside LG 4K TV, and My (Unsuccessful) Attempt at Repairing It
    Long time readers of this blog may remember that I organized a crowdfunding event aiming at raising funds to buy equipment to test 4K TV boxes and mini PCs in early 2015, and one of the items I ended...

More...

How to Customize Amlogic Android Firmware – A Tutorial with NEXBOX A95X (S905) TV Box
    CNXSoft: Bear in mind that there are multiple versions of Nexbox A95X. Yesterday, I published the review of Nexbox A95X with Android 6.0, with the model based on Amlogic S905X processor. In this...

More...

Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 Image for ODROID-C2, and C1/C1+ Boards, Ubuntu Core Image for Bubblegum-96 Board
    If you’ve been wanting minimal Ubuntu distributions for your server, IoT, or other headless projects, there are some good news from Hardkernel with the release of a minimal Ubuntu 16.04 image...

More...

R-BOX Pro Octa-core Android TV Box Comes with 3GB RAM, Pre-sells for $83
    The vast majority of TV boxes on the market only come with 1 or 2GB RAM, although some Rockchip RK3288 based devices ship with up to 4GB RAM, such as Nagrace HPH NT-V6, but so far the maximum I could...

More...

Allwinner A64 based Pine A64 and Banana Pi M64 Boards Can Now Run Windows 10 IoT Core
    Windows IoT is a version of Windows 10 that’s optimized for smaller devices with or without a display, and was fist released for Raspberry Pi 2 and MinnowBoard MAX. Since then a few more boards...

More...

Ubuntu 16.04.1 ISO Images Released for Intel Atom Bay Trail & Cherry Trail Compute Sticks
    Canonical has recently released Ubuntu 16.04.1, which is now considered stable enough to update from Ubuntu 14.04.04 LTS, and while I could do that easily on my main machine using update-manager,...

More...

What’s the Cheapest MCU? My Try: Holtek HT48R002 8-bit MCU Selling for $0.085
    Somebody asked what was the cheapest MCU available on Google+, so I thought it would be fun to find the cheapest one regardless of specifications. It turns out there an older thread with this very...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default MXQ Plus M12N (Amlogic S912) TV Box Review – Part 1: Specs, Unboxing,

Shenzhen Shiningworth has just sent me the first Amlogic S912 Android TV box for review with their MXQ Plus M12N model. The first part of the review will focus on specifications, accessories, and...

More...

Zidoo X9S Android TV Box, OpenWrt NAS, and HDMI Recorder is Now Up for Pre-order for $149
    Zidoo X9 was one the first Android TV boxes with HDMI input that supported video recording and PiP, and back in April, the company unveiled a new and more powerful model called Zidoo X9S with many of...

More...

Project OWL Open Source Hardware Ophthalmoscope is 25 Times Cheaper than Commercial Products
    Medical grade equipments are usually very expensive, partly because of their complexity, but also because of certifications,__ legal reasons, and low manufacturing volumes. That’s where open...

More...

Hacker H3 Smart Home Multimedia Gateway Combines Amlogic S905 and Mediatek MT7628AN Processors
    There are plenty of Amlogic S905 TV boxes on the market, but Hacker H3 has some notable features such as an internal 2.5″ SATA bay, as well as MediaTek MT7628AN WiSoC and MT7612E 802.11ac...

More...

Evive is an Arduino Compatible Platform with Enclosure, Lots of I/Os, Buttons, and an 1.8a€³ Display (Crowdfunding)
    Engineers at Agilo Technologies, an Indian startup based in_Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, felt that the wire mess often produced while_learning or prototyping with Arduino boards could be an issue, and it...

More...

VersaLogic Osprey is an Industrial & Military Grade Intel Bay Trail Single Board Computer
    Versalogic Osprey “Embedded Processing Unit” (EPU) is a single board computer powered by Intel Bay Trail-I CPU modules with 2 to 4GB RAM, up to 8GB flash, dual Gigabit Ethernet, two mini...

More...

Intel/AMD x86 based computers now boot via a standard UEFI binary, which can load grub2, allows you to update the command line as needed, or select different version of the Linux kernel. On ARM...

More...

A lot of traffic over the Internet goes through_ secure https connections. Under the hood this requires a 3-way handshake to establish a TCP connection, followed by even more packets exchanged...

More...

4Duino-24 is an Arduino compatible 2.4a€³ Color IoT Display Module with Atmel MCU and ESP8266 Module
    I played with ITEAD Studio NEXTION serial color displays for Arduino boards and the likes a few months ago, and while the hardware seems good and the company offer a large choice of 2.4″ to...

More...

K1 Plus T2/S2 is one of the most popular Android TV boxes with digital tuners, including both DVB-T2/T/C and DVB-S2/S tuners, and I get frequent comments and questions on K1 Plus T2 S2 review. One of...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Multiple Videos Encoding and Decoding in Android on Firefly-RK3288 Dev

Some applications like digital signage and video surveillance may require simultaneous video playback, and encoding to send over the network. ARM platforms may not be powerful enough to achieve those...

More...

Mediatek Helio X30 Deca-core SoC Features ARM Cortex-A73, Cortex A53, and Cortex A35 Processor Cores
    Mediatek introduced Helio X20 last year with a tri-cluster architecture comprised of 2 powerful ARM Cortex A72 cores, 4 Cortex A53 cores, and 4 extra Cortex A53 cores operating at a lower frequency,...

More...

How to Resolve Slow Boot Times in Ubuntu 16.04
    I’ve recently upgraded my machine from Ubuntu 14.04.4 to Ubuntu 16.04.1, but while my computer used to boot in about 40 seconds, after the upgrade boot times increased considerably to 2 to 3...

More...

TW68 Smart Bracelet Measures Blood Pressure and Heart Rate for $22 and Up
    Some people may need to frequently measure their blood pressure because of their health condition, but it’s often a cumbersome experience, so they may get lazy, and not do it as often as...

More...

Tanix TX5 Pro TV Box Review – Part 1: Unboxing, Teardown, and Hands-on
    Karl here with Tanix TX5 Pro S905X review. This is my first s905x box. I am splitting this into 2 parts because software is not quite up to snuff yet. I ran into some issues with language reverting...

More...

ESP8266 Gets USB Support Thanks to ESPUSB Software Stack
    Neither ESP8266 nor ESP32 support USB, so what am I babbling about? No, ESP8622 did not suddenly grow a USB PHY, but cnlohr decided to implement virtual USB support using two GPIOs (12 & 13) for...

More...

Inside LG 4K TV, and My (Unsuccessful) Attempt at Repairing It
    Long time readers of this blog may remember that I organized a crowdfunding event aiming at raising funds to buy equipment to test 4K TV boxes and mini PCs in early 2015, and one of the items I ended...

More...

How to Customize Amlogic Android Firmware – A Tutorial with NEXBOX A95X (S905) TV Box
    CNXSoft: Bear in mind that there are multiple versions of Nexbox A95X. Yesterday, I published the review of Nexbox A95X with Android 6.0, with the model based on Amlogic S905X processor. In this...

More...

Minimal Ubuntu 16.04 Image for ODROID-C2, and C1/C1+ Boards, Ubuntu Core Image for Bubblegum-96 Board
    If you’ve been wanting minimal Ubuntu distributions for your server, IoT, or other headless projects, there are some good news from Hardkernel with the release of a minimal Ubuntu 16.04 image...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Beelink GT1 Android TV Box Powered by Amlogic S912 Sells for $56 (Prom

In a recent list of Amlogic S912 TV boxes we found out that factory prices ranged between $47 to $54 for typical devices with 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage, but you can only get those price by...

More...

Allwinner R40 Quad Core ARM Processor, Successor of Allwinner A20, Supports SATA & Gigabit Ethernet
    One of the most common complaints I get from readers when I publish news about new ARM processor is “Why didn’t they include SATA?”. So far Allwinner A20 is the only really low cost...

More...

Allwinner H5 is a Quad Core Cortex A53 Processor for 4K OTT TV Boxes
    Last year, we found that Allwinner was preparing to launch Allwinner H64 and H5 quad and octa processors in their roadmap, but there have been some changes, and the compny seems to have dropped H64...

More...

M12N Amlogic S912 TV Box Benchmarks
    Since Shenzhen Shiningworth MXQ Plus M12N is my first TV box powered by Amlogic S912 octa-core processor, I’ve decided to write a separate post to show system information with CPU-Z, and...

More...

Intel Unveils Joule Compute Module and Devkit for IoT based on Atom T5500 & T5700 Processors
    As the Intel Developer Forum 2016 is now taking place in San Francisco, Intel has unveiled the Joule Compute Module and development kit targeting IoT applications. The module is not for low cost and...

More...

SZTomato TVI Amlogic S905X Development Board to Support Android 6.0, OpenELEC 7.0, and Ubuntu 16.04
    Shenzhen Tomato has been selling Android TV boxes for a few years now, but one of their next product will be a development board based on Amlogic S905X processor with 8GB flash, 2GB RAM, and the...

More...

Android TV Box Survey Results – Kodi, YouTube, Netflix, Brands, Support, and Prices
    I’ve launched a survey on behalf of a TV box manufacturer two weeks ago, and the results are now in with over 400 respondents. As promised, the company provided the results so let’s have...

More...

How-to Setup a DLNA/UPnP Server in Linux for Smoother Video Streaming with Kodi and Other Media Players
    I’m normally playing videos from a SAMBA share installed in a Ubuntu PC to play files from Kodi in Android TV box reviews, but sometimes when I use 10/100 Ethernet, or worse WiFi local...

More...

4K VP9, H.265 and H.264 Video Playback in Amlogic S912 M12N TV Box
    I’ve received my first Amlogic S912 TV box with MXQ Plus M12N TV box this week-end, and I’ve decided to start testing by showing the media capabilities of the platform that is supposed to...

More...

GOLE1 mini PC Tablet Review – Part 2: Android 5.1 and Windows 10
    GOLE1, also called GOLE1 F1, is an interesting device because it’s quite difficult, it’s like the offspring of a mini PC and a tablet with a smallish_ phone-like 5″ capacitive touch...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Zidoo X9S Android TV Box, OpenWrt NAS, and HDMI Recorder is Now Up for

Zidoo X9 was one the first Android TV boxes with HDMI input that supported video recording and PiP, and back in April, the company unveiled a new and more powerful model called Zidoo X9S with many of...

More...

Project OWL Open Source Hardware Ophthalmoscope is 25 Times Cheaper than Commercial Products
    Medical grade equipments are usually very expensive, partly because of their complexity, but also because of certifications,__ legal reasons, and low manufacturing volumes. That’s where open...

More...

Hacker H3 Smart Home Multimedia Gateway Combines Amlogic S905 and Mediatek MT7628AN Processors
    There are plenty of Amlogic S905 TV boxes on the market, but Hacker H3 has some notable features such as an internal 2.5″ SATA bay, as well as MediaTek MT7628AN WiSoC and MT7612E 802.11ac...

More...

Evive is an Arduino Compatible Platform with Enclosure, Lots of I/Os, Buttons, and an 1.8a€³ Display (Crowdfunding)
    Engineers at Agilo Technologies, an Indian startup based in_Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, felt that the wire mess often produced while_learning or prototyping with Arduino boards could be an issue, and it...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Amlogic Releases Linux 3.14 Source Code for S905X, S905D, and S912 Pro

Amlogic has just released buildroot with Linux 3.14 with support for Amlogic S905X (p212 board), S905D (p230 board), and S912 (Q200 board) processors, and the company appears to have started working...

More...

Magic Device Tool Helps You Switch Between Android and Ubuntu on Supported Phones
    There have only been a few phones released with or supporting Ubuntu so far, and those phones will normally be able to run Android too since Ubuntu Touch relies on Android drivers, and you may decide...

More...

WeTek Play 2 4K Android Set-top Box with ATSC, DVB-S2 or DVB-T2 Tuners is up for Pre-order for $120
    With WeTek Play 2, initially unveiled as WeTek Play+, we now have a successor to WeTek Play with the same ATSC, DVB-S2/S, DVB-T2/T/C tuners, but much better specs thanks to Amlogic S905-H processor,...

More...

Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 Boards Feature NXP Kinetis K64 & K66 MCUs (Crowdfunding)
    Paul Stoffregen has been making Teensy USB MCU development boards since 2008, and has just launched the latest Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 boards powered by NXP (previously Freescale) Kinetis K64 & K66...

More...

Intel Atom T5500 & T5700 Processors Architecture and (Estimated) Benchmarks
    Intel announced their Joule Compute Module yesterday, but did not provide that many details about the new Intel Atom T5500 and T5700 processors used in the module. Liliputing got some more details...

More...

Getting Started with B&T RTL-00 RTL8710 Module – Serial Console, AT Commands, and ESP8266 Pin-to-Pin Compatibility
    The announcement of the ultra-low cost ARM based Realtek RTL8710 WiFi modules for IoT applications generated quite a lot of buzz since they can potentially compete with the popular ESP8266 modules....

More...

Allwinner R40 Quad Core ARM Processor, Successor of Allwinner A20, Supports SATA & Gigabit Ethernet
    One of the most common complaints I get from readers when I publish news about new ARM processor is “Why didn’t they include SATA?”. So far Allwinner A20 is the only really low cost...

More...

Last year, we found that Allwinner was preparing to launch Allwinner H64 and H5 quad and octa processors in their roadmap, but there have been some changes, and the compny seems to have dropped H64...

More...

Since Shenzhen Shiningworth MXQ Plus M12N is my first TV box powered by Amlogic S912 octa-core processor, I’ve decided to write a separate post to show system information with CPU-Z, and...

More...

Intel Unveils Joule Compute Module and Devkit for IoT based on Atom T5500 & T5700 Processors
    As the Intel Developer Forum 2016 is now taking place in San Francisco, Intel has unveiled the Joule Compute Module and development kit targeting IoT applications. The module is not for low cost and...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default SZTomato TVI Amlogic S905X Development Board to Support Android 6.0, O

Shenzhen Tomato has been selling Android TV boxes for a few years now, but one of their next product will be a development board based on Amlogic S905X processor with 8GB flash, 2GB RAM, and the...

More...

Android TV Box Survey Results – Kodi, YouTube, Netflix, Brands, Support, and Prices
    I’ve launched a survey on behalf of a TV box manufacturer two weeks ago, and the results are now in with over 400 respondents. As promised, the company provided the results so let’s have...

More...

How-to Setup a DLNA/UPnP Server in Linux for Smoother Video Streaming with Kodi and Other Media Players
    I’m normally playing videos from a SAMBA share installed in a Ubuntu PC to play files from Kodi in Android TV box reviews, but sometimes when I use 10/100 Ethernet, or worse WiFi local...

More...

I’ve received my first Amlogic S912 TV box with MXQ Plus M12N TV box this week-end, and I’ve decided to start testing by showing the media capabilities of the platform that is supposed to...

More...

GOLE1, also called GOLE1 F1, is an interesting device because it’s quite difficult, it’s like the offspring of a mini PC and a tablet with a smallish_ phone-like 5″ capacitive touch...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Using M12N Android Amlogic S912 TV Box as a Game Console (Video)

When Amlogic announced S912 processor, they mentioned it would target not only 4K OTT and IP set-top boxes, but also gaming consoles thanks to a faster and better Mali-T820MP3 GPU compared to the...

More...

Realtek RTL8710 Witty-like WiFi IoT Board with micro USB Port Sells for $8.82 / 35 RMB
    Realtek RTL8710 could eventually become a serious competitor to ESP8266, as it’s based on ARM Cortex M3, provides many of the same features, and sells for roughly the same price. While...

More...

Magic Device Tool Helps You Switch Between Android and Ubuntu on Supported Phones
    There have only been a few phones released with or supporting Ubuntu so far, and those phones will normally be able to run Android too since Ubuntu Touch relies on Android drivers, and you may decide...

More...

WeTek Play 2 4K Android Set-top Box with ATSC, DVB-S2 or DVB-T2 Tuners is up for Pre-order for $120
    With WeTek Play 2, initially unveiled as WeTek Play+, we now have a successor to WeTek Play with the same ATSC, DVB-S2/S, DVB-T2/T/C tuners, but much better specs thanks to Amlogic S905-H processor,...

More...

Paul Stoffregen has been making Teensy USB MCU development boards since 2008, and has just launched the latest Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 boards powered by NXP (previously Freescale) Kinetis K64 & K66...

More...

Intel Atom T5500 & T5700 Processors Architecture and (Estimated) Benchmarks
    Intel announced their Joule Compute Module yesterday, but did not provide that many details about the new Intel Atom T5500 and T5700 processors used in the module. Liliputing got some more details...

More...

Getting Started with B&T RTL-00 RTL8710 Module – Serial Console, AT Commands, and ESP8266 Pin-to-Pin Compatibility
    The announcement of the ultra-low cost ARM based Realtek RTL8710 WiFi modules for IoT applications generated quite a lot of buzz since they can potentially compete with the popular ESP8266 modules....

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Intel Unveils Joule Compute Module and Devkit for IoT based on Atom T5

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default NanoPi NEO Board Gets Armbian Debian 8 & Ubuntu 16.04 with Linux 4.6 &

We’ve been blessed with a wide range of low cost Allwinner H3 boards thanks to Shenzhen Xunlong Orange Pi and FriendylARM NanoPi boards. Recently, armbian developers have been focusing on...

More...

Nvidia Provides More Details About Parker Automotive SoC with ARMv8 Cores, Pascal GPU
    Nvidia demonstrated DRIVE PX2 platform for self-driving cars at CES 2016, but did not give many details about the SoC used in the board. Today, the company has finally provided more information about...

More...

Android 7.0 Released, LG V20 Android Nougat Smartphone Coming Soon
    Since Google has changed their way of releasing new version of Android, as they are now taking input from developers using preview releases, we’ve known the main changes in Android 7.0 for a...

More...

YOKATV KB2 Amlogic S912 TV Box Comes with 32GB Internal Storage
    Most Android TV boxes now come with either 8 or 16GB, and in my experience it’s usually enough for most users. However, as we’ve seen recently, while not being as powerful as Nvidia...

More...

Learn the Basics of Humanoid Robots with InMoov Finger Starter Kit
    In a not so distant future, most humans will live off their government provided basic income, relaxing and drinking their robot brewed, drone delivered beer or soda, opened and served by their...

More...

Mini Review of MECOOL BM8 TV Box with Android 6.0 and Kodi 17.0
    CNXSoft: An other review by Ray for an Amlogic S905X powered TV box provided by Videostrong. MECOOL BM8 specifications The specifications are pretty standard, except for the large flash: SoC –...

More...

Realtek RTL8710 Witty-like WiFi IoT Board with micro USB Port Sells for $8 / 35 RMB
    Realtek RTL8710 could eventually become a serious competitor to ESP8266, as it’s based on ARM Cortex M3, provides many of the same features, and sells for roughly the same price. While...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Intel Atom T5500 & T5700 Processors Architecture and (Estimated) Bench

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default $135 Redmi Note 4 Helio X20 Deca-core Smartphone Includes a 4,100 mAh

A few months ago I wrote about sub $200 ARM Cortex A72 Android smartphones, but Xiaomi is now further lowering the price point with their Redmi Note 4 powered by Mediatek Helio X20 processor with...

More...

KowanTV Click Linux IPTV Box Review
    CNXSoft: Ray reviews Amlogic S812 powered Linux based KowanTV Click TV box with allegedly access to over a thousand free IPTV channels. While the hardware is pretty standard, you pay a (hefty)...

More...

Dot is a Location Aware Bluetooth Beacon Used as a Digital Post-it, for Home Automation, and More (Crowdfunding)
    Dot physical push notification is another Bluetooth beacon, but the company – Iota Labs – has designed and promote it in a location aware device that gets triggered when you move in a...

More...

Xtreamer mxV Plus DVB-T2 and mvX Pro DVB-T2/DVB-S2 Combo TV Boxes Support Android and OpenELEC
    Xtreamer mxV is a family of TV boxes powered by Amlogic S905 processor, and supporting Android 5.1 and OpenELEC firmware provided by the company. There are three models: mxV without tuner, mxV Plus...

More...

M12N Amlogic S912 Octa-core TV Box Review – Part 2: Android 6.0 Firmware
    Shenzhen Shiningworth MXQ Plus M12N is one of the first TV box powered by Amlogic S912 octa-core processor also bringing a faster GPU, VP9 and HDR support compared to the earlier Amlogic S905...

More...

Coowell V4 Android mini PC with Camera Review – Part 1: Unboxing and Teardown
    Coowell V4 is one of the rare Android mini PCs with a built-in camera. It is powered by Rockchip RK3368 octa-core processor combined with 2GB RAM and 16GB flash. GearBest asked me whether I wanted to...

More...

The First 4G Tizen Smartphone, Samsung Z2, To Launch in India for $68
    After Samsung Z1, and Samsung Z3, Samsung defied “mathematical incrementation wisdom”, and launched Samsung Z2 Tizen smartphone, which happens to be the very first Tizen phone supporting...

More...

ReSpeaker WiFi IoT Board is Designed for Voice Interaction (Crowdfunding)
    More and more devices are supporting voice interaction nowadays from your smartphone to devices like Amazon Echo, but so far, I had not seen development boards specifically designed for that purpose,...

More...

Nvidia Provides More Details About Parker Automotive SoC with ARMv8 Cores, Pascal GPU
    Nvidia demonstrated DRIVE PX2 platform for self-driving cars at CES 2016, but did not give many details about the SoC used in the board. Today, the company has finally provided more information about...

More...

Android 7.0 Released, LG V20 Android Nougat Smartphone Coming Soon
    Since Google has changed their way of releasing new version of Android, as they are now taking input from developers using preview releases, we’ve known the main changes in Android 7.0 for a...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default YOKATV KB2 Amlogic S912 TV Box Comes with 32GB Internal Storage

Most Android TV boxes now come with either 8 or 16GB, and in my experience it’s usually enough for most users. However, as we’ve seen recently, while not being as powerful as Nvidia...

More...

Learn the Basics of Humanoid Robots with InMoov Finger Starter Kit
    In a not so distant future, most humans will live off their government provided basic income, relaxing and drinking their robot brewed, drone delivered beer or soda, opened and served by their...

More...

Mini Review of MECOOL BM8 TV Box with Android 6.0 and Kodi 17.0
    CNXSoft: An other review by Ray for an Amlogic S905X powered TV box provided by Videostrong. MECOOL BM8 specifications The specifications are pretty standard, except for the large flash: SoC –...

More...

Realtek RTL8710 Witty-like WiFi IoT Board with micro USB Port Sells for $8 / 35 RMB

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Getting Started with ReSpeaker WiFi IoT Board’s Audio Capabilities, Vo

ReSpeaker is a development board combining an Atmel AVR MCU, a MediaTek MT7688 WiFi module running OpenWrt, a built-in microphone, an audio jack, and I/O headers to allow for voice control and output...

More...

Ambarella A12S SoC Allows For Cheaper 4K 30 fps Action Cameras, or Does it Not?
    [Update: I’ve been informed that Ambarella A12S product brief from their website contains outdated information (It will be updated soon), and that A12S does indeed support 4K @ 30 fps....

More...

VideoStrong KII Pro Android Set-top Box with DVB-T2 & DVB-S2 Tuners Comes with 2GB RAM
    Based on the number of comments I get daily on my review of Videostrong K1 Plus T2 S2 Android TV box, the device is rather popular thanks to its dual DVB-T2/T2C and DVB-S2/S tuner, its low price, and...

More...

Yotaphone 2 Smartphone with Dual AMOLED + E-Ink Display Sells for $150 (Promo)
    Yotaphone 2 smartphone with the particularity of including a 4.7″ E-Ink display on the back on top of the front 5″ AMOLED display was first introduced at the end of 2014 in Russia, before...

More...

KowanTV Click Linux IPTV Box Review
    CNXSoft: Ray reviews Amlogic S812 powered Linux based KowanTV Click TV box with allegedly access to over a thousand free IPTV channels. While the hardware is pretty standard, you pay a (hefty)...

More...

Dot is a Location Aware Bluetooth Beacon Used as a Digital Post-it, for Home Automation, and More (Crowdfunding)
    Dot physical push notification is another Bluetooth beacon, but the company – Iota Labs – has designed and promote it in a location aware device that gets triggered when you move in a...

More...

Xtreamer mxV Plus DVB-T2 and mvX Pro DVB-T2/DVB-S2 Combo TV Boxes Support Android and OpenELEC
    Xtreamer mxV is a family of TV boxes powered by Amlogic S905 processor, and supporting Android 5.1 and OpenELEC firmware provided by the company. There are three models: mxV without tuner, mxV Plus...

More...

M12N Amlogic S912 Octa-core TV Box Review – Part 2: Android 6.0 Firmware
    Shenzhen Shiningworth MXQ Plus M12N is one of the first TV box powered by Amlogic S912 octa-core processor also bringing a faster GPU, VP9 and HDR support compared to the earlier Amlogic S905...

More...

Coowell V4 Android mini PC with Camera Review – Part 1: Unboxing and Teardown
    Coowell V4 is one of the rare Android mini PCs with a built-in camera. It is powered by Rockchip RK3368 octa-core processor combined with 2GB RAM and 16GB flash. GearBest asked me whether I wanted to...

More...

The First 4G Tizen Smartphone, Samsung Z2, To Launch in India for $68
    After Samsung Z1, and Samsung Z3, Samsung defied “mathematical incrementation wisdom”, and launched Samsung Z2 Tizen smartphone, which happens to be the very first Tizen phone supporting...

More...

Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast