ITEAD Studio recently launched a waterproof enclosure for $2.90 (now at still a decent $3.90), rated IP66, for their family of Sonoff wireless switches, so you can safely use them outdoors protected...

More...

Octo SPI / HyperBus Interface is Designed for High Speed Serial Flash, RAM, and MCP
So far, if you needed high speed storage with low pin count in your MCU based board, you could use QSPI (Quad SPI) NOR flash, but earlier this month I wrote about STM32L4+ MCU family, which added two...

More...

Cheap Evil Tech – WiFi Deauther V2.0 Board and Autonomous Mini Killer Drones
Most technological advances usually improve life of people, and with the costs coming down dramatically over the years, available to more people. But technology can be used for bad, for example by...

More...

Gameshell Portable Retro Gaming Console Features Clockwork Pi Allwinner R16 Board (Crowdfunding)
Allwinner R16 with its lowly four Cortex A7 cores and Mali-400MP2 GPU would not normally come to mind when designing a gaming console. But Nintendo used the R16 processor twice in their retro gaming...

More...

Detect Lightning with Those AMS AS3935 “Thunder” Boards
Launched in 2012, AMS AS3935 Franklin lightning sensor_ is – at its name implies – a lightning sensing IC. The chip was designed for low power, portable or fixed wire-line applications,...

More...

VoltaStream AMP1 Linux Audio Board Includes a Stereo Audio Amplifier, Adds WiFi and Bluetooth
Last summer I wrote about VoltaStream ZERO an audio board powered by NXP i.MX6ULL processor, with up to 1GB RAM, a Texas Instruments DAC, and leveraging Raspberry Pi Zero form factor. The board runs...

More...

Prologium Lithium Ceramic Solid State Batteries Don’t Catch Fire, Nor Explode
You must have read articles or watch videos showing laptop or smartphone battery explode, and Lithium-ion batteries are considered hazardous enough that they are banned from airplane without the...

More...

Hisilicon Hi3559A V100ES is an 8K Camera SoC with a Neural Network Accelerator
Earlier today, I published a review of JeVois-A33 machine vision camera, noting that processing is handled by the four Cortex A7 cores of Allwinner A33 processor, but in the future we can expect such...

More...

Bolt IoT Platform Combines ESP8266, Mobile Apps, Cloud, and Machine Learning (Crowdfunding)
There are plenty of hardware to implemented IoT projects now, but in many cases a full integration to get data from sensors to the cloud requires going though a long list of instructions. Bolt IoT,...

More...

International Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals in 2017
Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2017 deals have started to show up on some Chinese e-retailers website, so as every year, I’ll go through a non-exhaustive list with the most popular websites....

More...