When Google released the first Android P preview back in March, one interesting new feature was indoor positioning through 802.11mc WiFi aka. WiFi RTT (Round Trip-Time). That looks promising so I...

More...

LicheeTang Anlogic EG4S20 FPGA Board Targets RISC-V Development
LicheePi has already made some interested little development board in the past with products such as LicheePi Zero, and the recently-announced SD card sized LicheePi Nano board, but their latest...

More...

Self-hosted GLES on ChromeOS, part two
This is a follow-up post from an earlier guest post by Blu about OpenGL ES development on Chrome OS. One can’t practice real-time rendering to disk files for long ? it’s just unnatural. So...

More...

HiSilicon Unveils Kirin 980 Octa-core Cortex A76/A55 Processor with Mali-G76 GPU
Arm announced Cortex A76 CPU core and Mali-G76 GPU in June of this year, and in the past, we normally had to wait about a year between the announcement and the actual launch of SoC with the new IP...

More...

BladeRF 2.0 USB 3.0 Software Defined Radio Launched for $480 and Up
Around 5 years ago, several affordable FPGA based open source software defined radio boards launched including HackRF, BladeRF x40 / x115, and USRP B200. The company behind BladeRF has now launched...

More...

ARCO is a Real Robot that Lives in Virtual Worlds (Crowdfunding)
Hicat launched HICAT.Livera machine vision board for robotics projects on Kickstarter two year ago. The company second project is still related to robotics and machine vision, but geared towards a...

More...

ASUS ZenBook Pro 14 UX480FD Laptop Replaces the Touchpad with a 5.5? “ScreenPad” Display
Touchpads is a feature found in most laptops, but AFAIK there’s not been much innovation recently apart from maybe support for multitouch and gestures. But I’ve just found out ASUS...

More...

TopJoy Falcon Mini Laptop Features an Intel Pentium N5000 Processor, an 8? Display (Crowdfunding)
UMPC’s (Ultra Mobile PC) or mini laptops have made a sort of comeback in recent years with products such as GPD Pocket 2 mini laptop or One Mix Yoga pocket laptop. Those products come with a...

More...

Intel Core Y-series and U-series 8th Gen Processors Target Laptops with Built-in Gigabit WiFi, Optional LTE Connectivity
We discovered three Intel Amber Lake processors with a 5W TDP through a leak last month namely Core m3-8100Y, Core i5-8200Y, Core i7-8500Y dual core/quad thread processors. Intel has now made an...

More...

MCC 118 DAQ HAT Enables Up to 64-Channel Voltage Measurement on Raspberry Pi Boards
Measurement Computing Corp. (MCC) has recently introduced their MCC 118 DAQ HAT for Raspberry Pi which includes 8 analog inputs for voltage measurements between +/- 10V at a 100kS/s data rate. You...

More...