Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 43 of 97 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Arm Introduces Mali-G52 & Mali-G31 GPUs, Mali-D51 Display Processor, a

Arm has just announced four multimedia Mali IP blocks to be found in SoC for mainstream devices: Mali-G52 GPU with 30% faster performance over Mali-G51, and 3.6x better machine learning performance...

More...

C.H.I.P, PocketCHIP & Voder’s Maker Next Thing Co. Is Still Up and Running (Correction)
    [Update: Next Thing Co. CEO (Dave) contacted me to inform me the company was not closed, but there was just several unfortunate events: DNS problem with the site leading to the blog issue Next Thing...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default HEIF Image Container Format Leverages H.265/HEVC to Store Photos and I

A few years ago, Google introduced WebP image format leveraging VP8 video codec, and the Moving Picture Experts Group (MPEG) has decided to do something similar but instead of using VP8, they went...

More...

ASRock J5005-ITX Pentium J5005 Motherboard Coming Soon for around $120 and Up
    Several products based on Gemini Lake processors have already been announced, and some are already available through pre-orders, but so far, I’ve not seen many retail hardware based on Intel...

More...

Android Wear Becomes “Wear OS by Google”
    Android Wear is an operating systems for wearables based on Android, but it may be confusing to (some) consumers, since an Android Wear watch may pair with an iPhone and an Android phone is not...

More...

How to Run Linux on RISC-V with QEMU Emulator
    RISC-V open source architecture is starting to become more and more interesting thanks the growing RISC-V hardware & software ecosystem, and with the recent release of HiFive Unleashed, we even...

More...

STMicro VL53L1X Time of Flight (ToF) Sensor Extends Distance Measurement Range up to 4 Meters
    STMicroElectronics VL53L0X ToF (Time-of-flight) range sensor is a tiny chip that can accurately and quickly measure distance up to 2 meters using infrared light. I had the chance to test the sensor...

More...

ACRN is an Open Source Hypervisor Built for IoT Device Development
    ACRN – pronounced “acorn” – is an open source reference hypervisor with a small footprint, real-time capabilities, adaptability with support for Linux, Android, and RTOS guest operating...

More...

F&S Elektronik ArmStone MXM8 Pico-ITX Board is Equipped with Up to 8GB RAM, NXP i.MX8M Processor
    F&S Elektronik Systeme has been working on a new SBC part of their ArmStone family with ArmStone MXM8 single board computer, featuring NXP i.MX 8M quad core Cortex A53 processor, and supporting...

More...

Intel NUC7CJYSAL “June Canyon” Gemini Lake NUC Mini PC Review with Windows 10 and Ubuntu
    The hardware specification for mini PCs has recently evolved past the traditional fixed amount of memory and storage. Now mini PCs are shipping with SODIMM slots allowing RAM expansion and a variety...

More...

$35 Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ Launched with a Faster Processor, 802.11ac WiFi, Gigabit Ethernet, and Optional PoE
    The Raspberry Pi Foundation has just introduced a updated version of their popular Raspberry Pi 3 Model B board with a Model B+ that increases the processor clocked up to 1.4 GHz, adds dual-band...

More...

Status of Embedded GPU Ecosystem – Linux/Mesa Upstream Support (ELC 2018 Video)
    The Embedded Linux Confernce is on-going, and the Linux Foundation has been uploading videos about talks in a timely manner on YouTube. I checked out at RISC-V keynote yesterday, but today I’ve...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default ReSpeaker Core v2 is a 6-Mic Array Audio Development Kit Powered by Ro

Seeed Studio launched ReSpeaker Core board designed for voice interaction in 2016. The board was based on a Mediatek MT7688 MIPS WiSoC running OpenWrt, and came with a single built-in microphone,...

More...

Android based Station OS Firmware Focuses on Multimedia and Retro Gaming for ROC-RK3328-CC and Firefly-RK3399 Boards
    If you’re interesting in gaming and multimedia, one choice is to run Linux based RetrOrangePi or RetroPie on your favorite development board/SBC, and soon, with the upcoming release of Kodi 18,...

More...

RISC-V Keynote at Embedded Linux Conference 2018 (Video)
    The Embedded Linux Conference and OpenIoT Summit 2018 have just started, and the Linux Foundation has already uploaded a few keynote videos to YouTube, including the one by Yunsup Lee, Co-Founder and...

More...

Toshiba Unveils dynaEdge AR Smart Glasses Powered by a Portable Windows Mini PC
    Smart glasses have never really gained traction in the consumer space, but they can still be useful in the workplace, especially with augmented reality, where relevant data can be overlaid on top of...

More...

iWave Systems iW-RainboW-G27M SMARC 2.0 SoM Features NXP i.MX8 QuadMax Processor
    We’ve previously seen SECO will soon launch SM-C12 SMARC 2.0 SoM powered by NXP i.MX 8M processor, but there’s not the only company working on a SMARC 2.0 compliant system-on-module...

More...

Diamond Systems Zeta is a Miniature SBC Based on Bay Trail/Apollo Lake COM Express Mini Modules
    Diamond Systems, a Silicon valley based company providing embedded computing solutions for transportation, energy, aerospace, defense, manufacturing, medical and research market, has recently...

More...

Scrcpy Open Source Software Let You Control an Android Phone via a Windows, Mac OS, or Linux PC
    Have you ever wished you could control or mirror your Android smartphone using your computer? Scrcpy, a free and open source program by Genymotion may fit your needs, and works on Windows, Mac OS or...

More...

ALB32-WROVER is an ESP-WROOM-32 Compatible Module with 32 Mbit PSRAM, up to 128 Mbit Flash
    ESP-WROOM-32 is one of the most commonly ESP32 WiFi + Bluetooth module, and does the job for many applications. However, it only includes 4MB (32Mbit) flash, and no external PSRAM, while Espressif...

More...

Hologram Introduces Global IoT eSIM Chip
    Hologram provides a SIM card for IoT projects that can be used in most of the world, and I own a developer SIM card that’s very convenient for reviews and evaluation with 10MB free data per...

More...

Looking for Inspiration for a 3D Printed Project
    Hello CNX readers. Karl here. I am looking for some inspiration on a practical project to design and print from scratch. I am hoping someone might come up with an idea. I will share on Thingiverse,...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Vulkan 1.1 and SPIR-V 1.3 Specifications Released

The Khronos Group released Vulkan 1.0 specifications in 2015 as a successor of OpenGL ES, compatible with OpenGL ES 3.1 or greater capable GPU, and taking less CPU resources thank to – for...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Qualcomm Snapdragon 820E based Geniatech Developer Board 8 Runs Debian

Qualcomm Snapdragon 820E processor was recently launched a version of Snapdragon 820 without LTE modem, easier to source, and targeting the embedded market. The long expected DragonBoard 820c is the...

More...

RushUp KITRA Board Family is based on Samsung Artik 020, Artik 520/530, or Artik 710 Modules
    Samsung first announced their Artik IoT modules almost three years ago, and until recently most Artik related products or development kits came from Samsung themselves, with no third party involved....

More...

Samsung Exynos 9610 (7 Series) Processor Unveiled with Full HD 480 FPS Slow-Motion Support
    Samsung has announced yet another Exynos 7 series application processor with Exynos 9610, built on Samsung’s 10-nanometer (nm) FinFET process, and supporting premium features such as deep...

More...

IDC Expects Smartwatches Shipments to Double by 2022
    The smartwatch market has been growing steadily over the last few years, but smart wearables have not become a must-have items like smartphones are for most people. The International Data...

More...

Rigado Vesta IoT Gateway Runs Linux and Zephyr OS, Supports Bluetooth 5, 802.15.4, WiFi, Ethernet and Cellular Connectivity
    I’ve recently read several open source software news related to Rigado IoT gateway, starting with Canonical announcement last month, that the gateway would ship with Ubuntu Core starting in...

More...

MeLE PCG02 Apo HDMI TV Stick Comes with Gigabit Ethernet, Intel Celeron N3450 Apollo Lake Processor
    MeLE PCG02 was introduced in 2015 with an Intel Atom Z3735F Bay Trail processor, and was one of the rare Windows TV sticks to include an Ethernet port. Later on, the company also launched PCG02U...

More...

Edge Server SynQuacer E-Series 24-Core Arm PC is Now Available for $1,250 with 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD, Geforce GT 710 Video Card
    Right before Linaro Connect San Francisco 2017, GIGABYTE, Socionext and Linaro unveiled a development platform / PC based on Socionext SC2A11 24-core Arm Cortex A53 processor, and whose motherboard...

More...

Resin.io Project Fin is an Industrial Carrier Board for Raspberry Pi CM3L Module Designed for Fleets of Connected Devices
    Resin.io is a both a company and a software platform that includes device, server, and client software to get code securely deployed to a fleet of devices. Devices are setup to run ResinOS, and to...

More...

GIGABYTE GB-BLCE-4000C Fanless Mini PC is Powered by Intel Celeron N4000 Gemini Lake Processor
    GIGABYTE has already unveiled several Gemini Lake motherboards, but we’ve now learned the company has also updated their BRIX family of mini PCs with GB-BLCE-4000C model equipped with Intel...

More...

X99 Android TV Box is Based on Rockchip RK3399 Processor, Equipped with a SIM Card Slot
    We’ve previously seen a fair amount of TV boxes / mini PCs based on Rockchip RK3399 processor like Yundoo Y8 or Vorke Z3, which perform very well for tasks like web browsing and gaming, but ...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default LG Releases webOS Open Source Edition Optimized for Raspberry Pi 3

webOS, originally developed by Palm, is a Linux based multitasking operating systems with support for HTML5 and CSS3. It is now found in most (all?) new LG smart TVs, and the TV manufacturer has...

More...

FOSSASIA Summit 2018 Schedule – March 22-25
    FOSDEM is the “Free & Open Source Software Developers’ European Meeting” takes place the first week-end of February every year in Brussels, Belgium. It turns out there’s...

More...

96Boards Unveils Four A.I. Developer Platforms: HiKey 970, Ultra96, ROCK960 PRO & Enterprise Edition
    Many new processors include a Neural Processing Unit (NPU) – aka Neural Network Accelerator (NNA) – in order to speed up talks associated with artificial intelligence, such as object or...

More...

WeLoop Hey 3S Sports Smartwatch Review – Part 1: Specifications, Unboxing, First Try with Android App(s)
    It’s been a while since I have reviewed a smartwatch or fitness tracker, simply because I found most devices to be lacking, and break easily after a few weeks or months. It’s also...

More...

ASRock J5005-ITX Pentium J5005 Motherboard Coming Soon for around $120 and Up
    Several products based on Gemini Lake processors have already been announced, and some are already available through pre-orders, but so far, I’ve not seen many retail hardware based on Intel...

More...

Android Wear Becomes “Wear OS by Google”
    Android Wear is an operating systems for wearables based on Android, but it may be confusing to (some) consumers, since an Android Wear watch may pair with an iPhone and an Android phone is not...

More...

How to Run Linux on RISC-V with QEMU Emulator
    RISC-V open source architecture is starting to become more and more interesting thanks the growing RISC-V hardware & software ecosystem, and with the recent release of HiFive Unleashed, we even...

More...

ACRN is an Open Source Hypervisor Built for IoT Device Development
    ACRN – pronounced “acorn” – is an open source reference hypervisor with a small footprint, real-time capabilities, adaptability with support for Linux, Android, and RTOS guest operating...

More...

F&S Elektronik ArmStone MXM8 Pico-ITX Board is Equipped with Up to 8GB RAM, NXP i.MX8M Processor
    F&S Elektronik Systeme has been working on a new SBC part of their ArmStone family with ArmStone MXM8 single board computer, featuring NXP i.MX 8M quad core Cortex A53 processor, and supporting...

More...

Intel NUC7CJYSAL “June Canyon” Gemini Lake NUC Mini PC Review with Windows 10 and Ubuntu
    The hardware specification for mini PCs has recently evolved past the traditional fixed amount of memory and storage. Now mini PCs are shipping with SODIMM slots allowing RAM expansion and a variety...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Hello world!

Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Real Time Logic Releases Web-based SharkSSL FreeRTOS/lwIP ESP8266 IDE

Real Time Logic claims SharkSSL is the smallest, fastest, and best performing embedded TLS v1.0/1.1/1.2 solution. It works with ColdFire, Kinetis K60, all the Cortex-M3 and -M4 processors, as well...

More...

Logic Supply CL200 Series Compact Embedded Mini PCs To Ship with Ubuntu 16.04 or Windows 10 IoT
    After launching their ML350 customizable fanless industrial computer, Logic Supply is back with another Apollo Lake family of mini PCs – CL200 series – with a much more compact form...

More...

1NCE to Offer a 10 Euros Plan for 10-Year of Cellular IoT Connectivity in Europe
    For the Internet of Things to be successful, prices need to come down sharply, and eventually LPWAN connectivity should be possible with $1 to $2 modules, $5 to $10 development boards like we can get...

More...

Turris MOX is a Modular Router with WiFi, SSD, LTE Modem, Ethernet, and SFP (Fiber) Modules (Crowdfunding)
    The makers of Turris Omnia router – powered by a Marvell ARMADA 385 processor and running Turris OS based on OpenWrt – have been working a new product: Turris MOX modular router which can...

More...

Google Has Made it Harder to Load Google Apps on Uncertified Devices
    Cheap TV boxes or development boards that can run Android, are not normally certified by Google, but you can still use Google Apps like the Google Play Store either directly with the manufacturer...

More...

Snapdragon 835 based Always-Connected PC Benchmarks Show Performance Similar to Intel Apollo Lake Laptop (in Most Cases)
    The first Windows 10 Arm Mobile PCs were announced a few months ago, all based on Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor, with products such as HP Envy x2 (2017) and ASUS NovaGo TP370. The new products...

More...

Rockchip RK3128 based EMISH X700 Smart TV Box is Selling for $16.99 (Promo)
    GearBest has another time and stock limited promotion with a low cost TV box, namely “EMISH X700 Smart TV Box” going for $16.99 shipped with coupon GB4X7. EMISH X700 (RH46BUS) TV box...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default $24 Eastron SDM120C Smart Meter Supports RS485, ModBus, Up to 45A Load

A couple of days ago, I wrote about Sonoff POW R2 WiFi switch with power monitoring function that meant to be connected to your mains via terminal, and I was made aware of another product –...

More...

Firefly AIO-3399J All-in-One Industrial Board is Powered by Rockchip RK3399 Processor, Supports M.2 SSDs, 4G LTE Modems, and More
    Firefly-RK3399 was the very first Rockchip RK3399 development board when it launched in late 2016, and it mostly stayed that way until others joined in late 2017, early 2018 with products like Orange...

More...

Broadcom AFBR-S50 Industrial ToF Sensor Works up to 10 Meters
    Time-of-Flight (ToF) ranging sensors can measure distance accurately using laser light and are sold in a really tiny package. STMicro VL53L0X ToF sensor may be the most popular with a 2 meter range,...

More...

49 Euros Arduino Yún Rev.2 Unveiled with a Lower Profile, USB and Power Improvements
    Arduino Yún board launched in 2013 was the first official Arduino combining Arduino and Linux thanks to respectively an Atmel ATMega32u4 microcontroller, and Atheros AR9331 MIPS WiFi SoC running...

More...

Allwinner S3 Dual Camera SoC Includes 128MB RAM, an I2S Audio Interface
    Allwinner V3s processor was introduced a little over a year ago with a single Arm Cortex A7 core, 64MB DRAM built-in, and designed for camera applications with parallel CSI and 4-lane MIPI CSI2...

More...

GameSir X1 BattleDock is a Bluetooth Smartphone Dock with USB Ports for Keyboard and Mouse
    If you’ve ever wanted to easily connect a USB keyboard and/or mouse to your smartphone, GameSir X1 BattleDock may be for you. The dock holds your phone at an angle, and offers two USB ports for...

More...

Huawei P20 Pro Smartphone Comes with Three Rear Cameras: Main, Monochrome, and Telephoto
    We’ve all seen smartphone with dual camera system for better field of depth, better clarity, and the ability to create effects (bokeh) to blur the background of an image. But three rear system?...

More...

AOMedia AV1 Video Codec Specifications Released
    AOMedia’s AV1 video codec is an open source, royalty-free video codec aiming to surpass H.265 capabilities, and considering the savings to be made, as no royalties need to be paid, and potentially...

More...

Sonoff Pow R2 is a Power Monitoring WiFi Smart Switch with Better Accuracy, Safety and Extra Features
    ITEAD Studio released several wireless switches / sockets with power monitoring capability over the years. Recently they company launched Sonoff S31 smart socket that plugs directly into your AC...

More...

Acer Chromebook Tab 10 is the First Chrome OS Tablet
    Chrome OS has been found in laptops (Chromebooks), and mini PCs (Chromeboxes) or even All-in-One PCs (Chromebases) for a while, but a new category has launched with Chrome OS tablets starting with...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Arm Releases Android / Linux Vulkan User Space Drivers for Mali GPUs (

A little while ago, I wrote about Imagination’s PowerVR CLDNN Neural Network SDK and Image for Acer Chromebook R13, and some people looks into the Arch Linux Arm image and were pleasantly...

More...

Connect Up to 16 Pi Cameras to Raspberry Pi with IVport V2 Camera Multiplexer Board
    The Pi camera is a popular add-on for the Raspberry Pi boards, it connects to the MIPI CSI connector of the board, and offers better performance than USB cameras. But we are now seeing computer...

More...

$1.40 EDMINI Development Board Features LogicGreen LGT8F328P MCU Compatible with ATMega328P/Arduino
    Arduino compatible boards are normally using Microphip Atmel microcontrollers, but as we’ve see with GD32 clone of STM32 MCU, some companies are making MCU clones too, usually with some...

More...

Ugoos UT5 Pro is a Rockchip RK3399 based TV Box with a 3.5? SATA Bay
    It’s already possible to connect a 3.5″ SATA drive to Rockchip RK3399 based hardware with products like Vorke Z3 TV box exposing an external SATA connector, or development boards such as...

More...

IBASE AGS100/AGS102 Smart IoT Gateway Targets Industrial Control and Factory Automation
    IBASE has introduced AGS100 and AGS102 intelligent IoT gateways powered by an Intel Apollo Lake processor, and specifically geared towards industrial control and factory automation applications....

More...

Samsung Aurora Smart Speaker Prototype is Powered by a Smartphone, Features an Hologram-like Character
    Samsung Electronics has showcased a smart / A.I. speaker prototype at SXSW 2018 trade show last month, that can be manufactured at low cost since it relies on a smartphone to provide a processor,...

More...

SiFive Partners with Western Digital to Produce 1 Billion RISC-V Cores
    Architecture like Arm and x86 are well established, and initiatives like RISC-V opens source ISA have potential, but market acceptance and commercial success are not guaranteed. But RISC-V just got a...

More...

Embedded Systems Conference 2018 Schedule – IoT, Security, Artificial Intelligence, and More
    The Embedded Systems Conference takes place each year in Boston, US in April or May. This year, the event will occur on April 18-19, and the organizers have published the schedule with 7 tracks:...

More...

Linux 4.16 Release – Main Changes, Arm and MIPS Architectures
    Linus Torvalds has just released Linux 4.16: So the take from final week of the 4.16 release looks a lot like rc7, in that about half of it is networking. If it wasn’t for that, it would all be...

More...

Cloudflare Introduces 1.1.1.1 Privacy-focused DNS Service with DNS over HTTPS and DNS over TLS Support
    The web is becoming more secure as more and more websites leverage HTTPS, which also improves privacy since the only nodes that know which exact page you are accessing should be your computer/device...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default 49 Euros Arduino Yún Rev.2 Unveiled with a Lower Profile, USB and Powe

Arduino Yún board launched in 2013 was the first official Arduino combining Arduino and Linux thanks to respectively an Atmel ATMega32u4 microcontroller, and Atheros AR9331 MIPS WiFi SoC running...

More...

Allwinner S3 Dual Camera SoC Includes 128MB RAM, an I2S Audio Interface
    Allwinner V3s processor was introduced a little over a year ago with a single Arm Cortex A7 core, 64MB DRAM built-in, and designed for camera applications with parallel CSI and 4-lane MIPI CSI2...

More...

GameSir X1 BattleDock is a Bluetooth Smartphone Dock with USB Ports for Keyboard and Mouse
    If you’ve ever wanted to easily connect a USB keyboard and/or mouse to your smartphone, GameSir X1 BattleDock may be for you. The dock holds your phone at an angle, and offers two USB ports for...

More...

Huawei P20 Pro Smartphone Comes with Three Rear Cameras: Main, Monochrome, and Telephoto
    We’ve all seen smartphone with dual camera system for better field of depth, better clarity, and the ability to create effects (bokeh) to blur the background of an image. But three rear system?...

More...

AOMedia AV1 Video Codec Specifications Released
    AOMedia’s AV1 video codec is an open source, royalty-free video codec aiming to surpass H.265 capabilities, and considering the savings to be made, as no royalties need to be paid, and potentially...

More...

Sonoff Pow R2 is a Power Monitoring WiFi Smart Switch with Better Accuracy, Safety and Extra Features
    ITEAD Studio released several wireless switches / sockets with power monitoring capability over the years. Recently they company launched Sonoff S31 smart socket that plugs directly into your AC...

More...

Acer Chromebook Tab 10 is the First Chrome OS Tablet
    Chrome OS has been found in laptops (Chromebooks), and mini PCs (Chromeboxes) or even All-in-One PCs (Chromebases) for a while, but a new category has launched with Chrome OS tablets starting with...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default $1.40 EDMINI Development Board Features LogicGreen LGT8F328P MCU Compa

Arduino compatible boards are normally using Microphip Atmel microcontrollers, but as we’ve see with GD32 clone of STM32 MCU, some companies are making MCU clones too, usually with some...

More...

It’s already possible to connect a 3.5″ SATA drive to Rockchip RK3399 based hardware with products like Vorke Z3 TV box exposing an external SATA connector, or development boards such as...

More...

IBASE AGS100/AGS102 Smart IoT Gateway Targets Industrial Control and Factory Automation
    IBASE has introduced AGS100 and AGS102 intelligent IoT gateways powered by an Intel Apollo Lake processor, and specifically geared towards industrial control and factory automation applications....

More...

Samsung Aurora Smart Speaker Prototype is Powered by a Smartphone, Features an Hologram-like Character
    Samsung Electronics has showcased a smart / A.I. speaker prototype at SXSW 2018 trade show last month, that can be manufactured at low cost since it relies on a smartphone to provide a processor,...

More...

SiFive Partners with Western Digital to Produce 1 Billion RISC-V Cores
    Architecture like Arm and x86 are well established, and initiatives like RISC-V opens source ISA have potential, but market acceptance and commercial success are not guaranteed. But RISC-V just got a...

More...

Embedded Systems Conference 2018 Schedule – IoT, Security, Artificial Intelligence, and More
    The Embedded Systems Conference takes place each year in Boston, US in April or May. This year, the event will occur on April 18-19, and the organizers have published the schedule with 7 tracks:...

More...

Linux 4.16 Release – Main Changes, Arm and MIPS Architectures
    Linus Torvalds has just released Linux 4.16: So the take from final week of the 4.16 release looks a lot like rc7, in that about half of it is networking. If it wasn’t for that, it would all be...

More...

Cloudflare Introduces 1.1.1.1 Privacy-focused DNS Service with DNS over HTTPS and DNS over TLS Support
    The web is becoming more secure as more and more websites leverage HTTPS, which also improves privacy since the only nodes that know which exact page you are accessing should be your computer/device...

More...

Firefly AIO-3399J All-in-One Industrial Board is Powered by Rockchip RK3399 Processor, Supports M.2 SSDs, 4G LTE Modems, and More
    Firefly-RK3399 was the very first Rockchip RK3399 development board when it launched in late 2016, and it mostly stayed that way until others joined in late 2017, early 2018 with products like Orange...

More...

Broadcom AFBR-S50 Industrial ToF Sensor Works up to 10 Meters
    Time-of-Flight (ToF) ranging sensors can measure distance accurately using laser light and are sold in a really tiny package. STMicro VL53L0X ToF sensor may be the most popular with a 2 meter range,...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Espressif ESP-ADF Audio Development Framework for ESP32 Supports Baidu

Espressif Systems have been working on audio applications like Smart Speakers based on ESP32 WiSoC with hardware development kits like ESP32-LyraTD-MSC Audio Mic HDK, and I could test it with Baidu...

More...

Acer Swift 1 Laptop Gets an Upgrade to Intel Pentium Silver N5000 Gemini Lake Processor
    Acer Swift 1 laptop was introduced last year with an Intel Pentium N4200 “Apollo Lake” processor and a 13.3″ display, and it appears the laptop is getting an upgrade to the latest...

More...

Fipsy is a $10 Breadboard-Friendly FPGA Board for Education (Crowdfunding)
    We’ve already seen several cheap FPGA boards in the past with the $25 miniSpartan3 (Xilinx), $34 Spartixed (Xilinx), or 40 Euros Olimex iCE40HX8K-EVB boards (Lattice), but if you have a really...

More...

Droplet Computing Aims to Run Apps on any Device (Regardless of the Operating System)
    The most popular apps are normally ported to all commonly used operating systems such Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android and iOS, but apps will a lower user base or older apps may not to ported to all...

More...

Shedbuilt Binary Blob-Free Linux Distribution Works with Allwinner H3/H5 Boards (Orange Pi, Libre Computer)
    Most open source Linux distributions are only partially open source, as while most packages will be built from publicly available source code, they usually come with closed source binary blobs for...

More...

$19.50 BPI:bit ESP32 Board is Inspired by BBC Micro:bit, Compatible with Webduino and Arduino IDE
    BBC micro:bit board for education was first unveiled in 2015, before starting to be given away to UK students, and later sold for about $19 in 2016. The board supports Bluetooth connectivity,...

More...

OSD3358-SM-RED Beaglebone Black Compatible Board Comes with Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI, 4x USB Ports, and More
    Octavo Systems is known for their OSD335x system-in-packages (SiP) that integrate Texas Instruments Sitara AM335x Cortex A8 processor, memory, LDO, and some passive components into a single package,...

More...

DirtyJTAG Firmware Convert $2 STM32 “Bluepill” Boards or ST-Link V2 Clones into JTAG Adapters
    DirtyJTAG is a JTAG adapter firmware for cheap STM32 boards like BluePill or equally inexpensive ST-Link V2 clones that was developed to create an alternative to the cheap – but now obsolete...

More...

Intel Tremont Will Succeed Goldmont Plus Microarchitecture
    Goldmont Plus is the microarchitecture found in Gemini Lake processors, and products are just starting to get to market as we’ve seen with our recent Intel June Canyon NUC mini PC review. But...

More...

Connect Up to 16 Pi Cameras to Raspberry Pi with IVport V2 Camera Multiplexer Board
    The Pi camera is a popular add-on for the Raspberry Pi boards, it connects to the MIPI CSI connector of the board, and offers better performance than USB cameras. But we are now seeing computer...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Droplet Computing Aims to Run Apps on any Device (Regardless of the Op

The most popular apps are normally ported to all commonly used operating systems such Windows, Mac OS, Linux, Android and iOS, but apps will a lower user base or older apps may not to ported to all...

More...

Shedbuilt Binary Blob-Free Linux Distribution Works with Allwinner H3/H5 Boards (Orange Pi, Libre Computer)
    Most open source Linux distributions are only partially open source, as while most packages will be built from publicly available source code, they usually come with closed source binary blobs for...

More...

$19.50 BPI:bit ESP32 Board is Inspired by BBC Micro:bit, Compatible with Webduino and Arduino IDE
    BBC micro:bit board for education was first unveiled in 2015, before starting to be given away to UK students, and later sold for about $19 in 2016. The board supports Bluetooth connectivity,...

More...

OSD3358-SM-RED Beaglebone Black Compatible Board Comes with Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI, 4x USB Ports, and More
    Octavo Systems is known for their OSD335x system-in-packages (SiP) that integrate Texas Instruments Sitara AM335x Cortex A8 processor, memory, LDO, and some passive components into a single package,...

More...

DirtyJTAG Firmware Convert $2 STM32 “Bluepill” Boards or ST-Link V2 Clones into JTAG Adapters
    DirtyJTAG is a JTAG adapter firmware for cheap STM32 boards like BluePill or equally inexpensive ST-Link V2 clones that was developed to create an alternative to the cheap – but now obsolete...

More...

Intel Tremont Will Succeed Goldmont Plus Microarchitecture
    Goldmont Plus is the microarchitecture found in Gemini Lake processors, and products are just starting to get to market as we’ve seen with our recent Intel June Canyon NUC mini PC review. But...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default FUZE Bluetooth Credit Card is Vulnerable to Hacking over Bluetooth

FUZE Card is a Bluetooth enabled card with ePaper display that can store up to 30 real credit card. You’d program credit cards into it via Bluetooth Smart (BLE) using a smart phone app, and use...

More...

HP Chromebook x2 is a 2-in-1 Tablet Running Chrome OS
    We’ve recently seen what should be the first Chrome OS tablet with Acer Chromebook Tab featuring a Rockchip RK3399 / OP1 processor, and a 9.7? display. The device is now joined by a high-end...

More...

Advantech and SocioNext Collaborate for 8K 60Hz Real-Time HEVC Video Encoding, Streaming, and Decoding Solutions
    The first live event to be broadcasted in 8K resolution should be the Tokyo Olympic Games in 2020, but but broadcasters will use large and expensive infrastructure equipment to achieve this feat....

More...

RasPad is a Tablet Kit for Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and Other Development Boards (Crowdfunding)
    Many people interesting in coding and working on projects with the Raspberry Pi just likely connect the board to a monitor, USB keyboard and mouse, and to a power adapter, but if you are interested...

More...

MX10 May Be the First TV Box to Run Android 8.1 “Oreo”
    Android 8.0 “Oreo”was launched in August 2017 for smartphones and tablets, and it normally takes some time before the operating system is ported to TV boxes. So far, I had no seen any...

More...

TinyFPGA BX is a Tiny Open Source Hardware iCE40 FPGA Board that Fits into a Breadboard (Crowdfunding)
    Last Friday, I wrote about Fipsy, a $10 breadboard-friendly FPGA board powered by Lattice Semi MachXO2 FPGA with 256 LUTs, but I then remember I had covered a board somewhat similar with TinyFPGA...

More...

Bakeey “Lazy Holder” Allows for Brand New Ways to Hold your Phone or Tablet
    The most traditional way to hold your phone is probably to use one of those extremities on your arms commonly referred to as “hands”. But selfie sticks are become popular in recent years,...

More...

SudoProc is a Tiny LGA System-on-Module Based on Rockchip RK3288 SoC
    Most systems-on-module are designed to be inserted into a baseboard thanks to an edge connectors or one or more board-to-board connectors, although I’ve also seen some with castellated pins...

More...

Acer Swift 1 Laptop Gets an Upgrade to Intel Pentium Silver N5000 Gemini Lake Processor
    Acer Swift 1 laptop was introduced last year with an Intel Pentium N4200 “Apollo Lake” processor and a 13.3″ display, and it appears the laptop is getting an upgrade to the latest...

More...

Fipsy is a $10 Breadboard-Friendly FPGA Board for Education (Crowdfunding)
    We’ve already seen several cheap FPGA boards in the past with the $25 miniSpartan3 (Xilinx), $34 Spartixed (Xilinx), or 40 Euros Olimex iCE40HX8K-EVB boards (Lattice), but if you have a really...

More...

Page 43 of 97 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast