The most obvious way to setup your own LoRAWAN network is to get an off-the-shelf Gateway such as MatchBox, which can be easily installed, and configured using the built-in web interface. But if you...

More...

Dragino NB-IoT Bee is a $23 Xbee Compatible NB-IoT Add-on Board
Several companies are already offering XBee NB-IoT add-on board including Digi International themselves, and SODAQ with their NB-IoT Bee N211 module going for 69 Euros. Dragino NB-IoT Bee is another...

More...

Circumference Datacentre-in-a-Box Features up to 32 Raspberry Pi 3 B+ Managed by a UDOO x86 Ultra Board (Crowdfunding)
We’ve previously seen several clusters made of Raspberry Pi boards with a 16 RPi Zero cluster prototype, or BitScope Blade with 40 Raspberry Pi boards. The latter now even offers solutions for...

More...

Sonoff S26 WiFi Smart Plug Works in All/Most Countries, Sells for under $10
One recurring issue with smart plugs / sockets is that they are often designed with a specific prong type, so if you want to use them in our country you may have to add an adapter, which may not be...

More...

ESP32-Sense Kit Lets You Experiment with ESP32 Touch Interface
Beside support for Bluetooth, one the other extra benefits of Espressif ESP32 over ESP8266 is the presence of a touch interface in the newer processor. If you are interested in that specific...

More...

ZiP (zGlue Integration Platform) Enables the Design & Manufacturing of Low Cost Custom Chips
When I first started to read about zOrigin on Crowdsupply, I was not really impressed. Meh… Yet another Bluetooth LE fitness tracker with a few sensors, and an Android app. But as I read...

More...

R-TV BOX S10+ is an Android 8.1 TV Box with a Built-in Qi Wireless Charger
A couple of years ago we wrote about ECS Live Station, an Intel Bay Trail mini PC with an integrated wireless charger that can be used to charge any compatible smartphone. But as I was checking out...

More...

Spreadtrum SC9863 Octa-core Cortex A55 Processor is Made for LTE Smartphones
Arm unveiled Cortex A55 cores about a year ago, and while we have seen the new cores combined with Cortex 75-class cores in premium smartphone processors such as Exynos 9810 SoC, I had yet to see a...

More...

UMIDIGI Z2 Pro is one of the first Smartphones based on MediaTek Helio P60 SoC
MediaTek unveiled Helio P60 Cortex A73/A53 processor with AI HW acceleration a few months ago, and we were promised smartphones would start selling in Q2 2018. Mediatek’s partners seem to be...

More...

HP t430 Thin client Works with a Single USB Cable
Gemini Lake mini PCs are starting to sell and ship, and from the look of it, HP t430 appears to be yet another Gemini Lake mini PC based on an Intel Celeron N4000 processor. But the device is...

More...