Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 49 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Thread: cnx-software News

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Makerdiary nRF52840 Micro Development Kit Works with OpenThread, Arm M

If you want to play around with Bluetooth 5, Nordic nRF52840 is probably one of the best option, and among the development board, $9/$12 Particle Xenon is hard to beat when it comes to value. But if...

More...

GIGABYTE Apollo Lake SBC Upgraded to a Quad Core Processor
    GIGABYTE introduced GA-SBCAP3350 Apollo Lake SBC powered by an Intel Celeron N3350 dual core processor las year. The board came without any soldered memory nor storage, instead relying on a SO-DIMM...

More...

$56 Mecool M8S Plus DVB is an Entry Level Android Set-Top Box with DVB-T2/T/C Tuner
    Android set-top boxes with tuner usually costs $70 and up depending on hardware specifications, and number of tuners, but if you want something cheap that runs Android and supports DVB-T2,...

More...

Sapphire FS-FP5V Embedded Board Features AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 Processor, Four DisplayPort Outputs
    We’ve previously covered UDOO Bolt AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 development board that’s offered for $229 and up on Kickstarter, and targets the maker community. Another board with Ryzen...

More...

ESP32-SOLO-1 is a Single Core ESP32 WiFi and Bluetooth Module
    Espressif ESP32 is popular dual core processor with built-in WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, except as we’ve seen last year, the company also developed a single core version with ESP32-S0WD...

More...

$10 Nordic Semi nRF52840 USB Dongle Supports Bluetooth 5, Thread, ZigBee, 802.15.4, ANT and 2.4GHz Proprietary
    Several weeks ago, as I noticed the lack of Bluetooth 5 USB dongles, I found MakerSpot CC2640 Bluetooth 5 USB stick based on Texas Instrument CC2640R2F Arm Cortex-M3 WiSoC. It’s not exactly a...

More...

Xiaomi Mi Pad 4 8? Tablet Comes with Snapdragon 660 Processor, 4G LTE Connectivity
    Android tablets are not as popular as they used to be, and the choice of tablets has come down as a results. However, Xiaomi still keeps on updating their Mi Pad family every year or two years. After...

More...

DFRobot 7? HDMI Display with Touchscreen Sells for $69
    There are plenty of HDMI displays, but if you want a smaller size it become more complicated although some 7″ HDMI displays are available. However, if you want to add touchscreen support, then...

More...

BOSON Kits Feature LEGO Compatible Building Blocks for STEM Education
    Last year, DFRobot successfully introduced BOSON Kit “Powerful Building Blocks For LEGO STEM”via Kickstarter, and I’ve just noticed the company is now selling two BOSON Kits on...

More...

Introduction & Differences Between RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485 (Video)
    RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 are pretty old serial communication interfaces, and I was not even born when RS-232 was specified in 1962, but there are still commonly used today in various applications...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Beelink KT03 Client Computer is a $150 Barebone Mini PC with Two COM P

Beelink launched several Apollo Lake mini PCs in the last few years, and despite moving to Intel Gemini Lake family for some of their more recent models such as Beelink S2 or Beelink X45, the company...

More...

Firefly Team Mailbag – Rockchip Development Boards and Accessories
    T-Chip Intelligent Technology Co. is a hardware and software technology services company, and a few years ago they setup the “Firefly Team” to provide development boards running Android...

More...

Microchip Unveils SAM L10 & SAM L11 Arm Cortex-M23 MCU Families with Arm TrustZone for Armv8-M
    Microchip has recently announced new SAM L10 and SAM L11 Arm Cortex-M23 MCU families, with the SAM L11 family featuring Arm TrustZone for Armv8-M that provides hardware isolation between certified...

More...

Vivo Announces TOF 3D Sensing Technology with 300,000 Sensor Points
    Earlier this year, I reviewed a TOF sensor board based on STMicro VL52L0X Time-of-Flight ranging sensor that allows to measure distance accurately up to 2 meter using a 940 nm laser and a detection...

More...

SECO Q7-C25 / Q7-C26 QSeven SoMs Feature NXP i.MX 8M / i.MX 8Quad Processor
    We’ve previously covered SECO’s SM-C12 SMARC 2.0 i.MX 8M system-on-module, but the company has just unveiled two new module families which are compliant with Qseven – another SoM...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default LEORY 3G USB Dongle Sells for Just $9.99

When Orange Pi 3G-IoT SBC was launched, I looked at 3G USB dongles to make a comparison with a similar setup based on a Raspberry Pi Zero W board and an inexpensive 3G USB stick, and the cheapest I...

More...

Banana Pi BPI-M2+ V1.2 Board Improves Power Management
    When people decided which development board to purchase for their project / use case(s), the often look at the processor, memory, storage, and the external ports, as well as I/Os. However, very few...

More...

A Closer Look at NVIDIA Jetson Xavier Developer Kit (Video)
    NVIDIA unveiled Jetson Xavier module and devkit last month, but the company did not release the full information, and for example we did not get any clear photo of the module and kit. Charbax did...

More...

NetBSD ARM64 Images Now Available with SMP for Raspberry Pi 3, Some NanoPi Boards, and Pine64 Boards
    NetBSD on Arm started in 2014 with the release of version 7.0, and last year device tree support was implemented and tested on some Allwinner H3 boards. But apparently, so far NetBSD only supported...

More...

This Soldering Pen Board with Audio Jack Supports Weller RT Tips
    The 3.5mm audio jack may be slowly disappearing from new mobile phones, but I’ve recently discovered they were also used in some soldering irons such as the upcoming TS80 USB soldering iron...

More...

Flashing Firmware to Rockchip Devices in Linux with rkdeveloptool Open Source Utility
    It’s been possible to flash firmware to Rockchip devices in Linux with upgrade_tool command line tool for many years, but the utility is closed-source and only supports “RK...

More...

SySTOR (Micro) SD Card Duplicators Can Handle Up to 200 SD Cards
    So this week-end, I started to play with ROC-RK3328-CC (Renegade) board that I received from T-Chip / Firefly-Team and as always, I used Etcher to flash the firmware images to micro SD cards. Once...

More...

Microsoft Surface Go Tablet Based on Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y Processor to Sell for $399 and Up
    Microsoft Surface devices are powerful but usually expensive ($2,000+) tablets and laptops, but the company has now launched an entry-level model called Surface Go, powered by an Intel Kaby Lake...

More...

96-Core NanoPi Fire3 Boards Cluster is a DIY Portable Solution to Teach or Develop Distributed Software
    Nick Smith has been messing around with clusters made of Arm boards for several years starting with Raspberry Pi boards, including a 5-node RPI 3 cluster, before moving to other boards like Orange Pi...

More...

TTGO Micro-32 is a Tiny ESP32-PICO-D4 Module
    Unveiled almost a year ago, ESP32-PICO-D4 SiP (System-in-Package) combines ESP32 wireless processor, 4MB SPI Flash, a crystal oscillator, as well as some passive components, and allows more compact...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default BOSON Kits Feature LEGO Compatible Building Blocks for STEM Education

Last year, DFRobot successfully introduced BOSON Kit “Powerful Building Blocks For LEGO STEM”via Kickstarter, and I’ve just noticed the company is now selling two BOSON Kits on...

More...

Introduction & Differences Between RS-232, RS-422 and RS-485 (Video)
    RS-232, RS-422, and RS-485 are pretty old serial communication interfaces, and I was not even born when RS-232 was specified in 1962, but there are still commonly used today in various applications...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default GIGABYTE Apollo Lake SBC Upgraded to a Quad Core Processor

GIGABYTE introduced GA-SBCAP3350 Apollo Lake SBC powered by an Intel Celeron N3350 dual core processor las year. The board came without any soldered memory nor storage, instead relying on a SO-DIMM...

More...

$56 Mecool M8S Plus DVB is an Entry Level Android Set-Top Box with DVB-T2/T/C Tuner
    Android set-top boxes with tuner usually costs $70 and up depending on hardware specifications, and number of tuners, but if you want something cheap that runs Android and supports DVB-T2,...

More...

Sapphire FS-FP5V Embedded Board Features AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 Processor, Four DisplayPort Outputs
    We’ve previously covered UDOO Bolt AMD Ryzen Embedded V1000 development board that’s offered for $229 and up on Kickstarter, and targets the maker community. Another board with Ryzen...

More...

ESP32-SOLO-1 is a Single Core ESP32 WiFi and Bluetooth Module
    Espressif ESP32 is popular dual core processor with built-in WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity, except as we’ve seen last year, the company also developed a single core version with ESP32-S0WD...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Axiomtek eBOX560-900-FL Ubuntu 16.04 Fanless Embedded Computer is Powe

Axiomtek has unveiled eBOX560-900-FL fanless embedded computer equipped with an NVIDIA Jetson TX2 module, two Gigabit Ethernet ports, a HDMI 2.0a port, an NVMe slot, etc. It also supports WiFi and...

More...

Orange Pi 3G/4G Cellular IoT Development Kits with Touchscreen Display Launched for $35 and Up
    Earlier this year, Shenzhen Xunlong introduced two new Orange Pi cellular IoT boards running Android – but no Linux distribution just yet – with Orange Pi 3G-IoT and Orange Pi 4G-IoT...

More...

Extend VGA or HDMI Signals over “Ethernet” with VGA / HDMI Extender over Cat5/Cat6 Cables
    A host computer or media player may not always be in the same room as its display(s), for example for digital signage where you may want to have several displays controlled by one computer in...

More...

KidBright32 Board is Thailand’s BBC Micro:Bit Equivalent
    BBC Micro:Bit board was first announced in July 2015. Designed for STEM education, the board was then offered to UK schools in March 2016, and a few months later UK store would start selling it...

More...

ROC-RK3328-CC Board Review, or the Case for Fast Storage and Adequate Power Supply
    Firefly team from T-chip company has send me some of their Rockchip development boards, and we’ve already checked the provided boards and accessories, so today I’ll report my experience...

More...

Renegade Elite (ROC-RK3399-PC) RK3399 Single Board Computer Launched for $99 on Indiegogo
    Libre Computer and Firefly Team previously collaborated on Renegade (ROC-RK3328-CC) board powered by a Rockchip RK3328 quad core Cortex A53 processor and mostly following Raspberry Pi 3 form factor. ...

More...

Banana Pi BPI-M2+ V1.2 Board Improves Power Management
    When people decided which development board to purchase for their project / use case(s), the often look at the processor, memory, storage, and the external ports, as well as I/Os. However, very few...

More...

NVIDIA unveiled Jetson Xavier module and devkit last month, but the company did not release the full information, and for example we did not get any clear photo of the module and kit. Charbax did...

More...

NetBSD ARM64 Images Now Available with SMP for Raspberry Pi 3, Some NanoPi Boards, and Pine64 Boards
    NetBSD on Arm started in 2014 with the release of version 7.0, and last year device tree support was implemented and tested on some Allwinner H3 boards. But apparently, so far NetBSD only supported...

More...

The 3.5mm audio jack may be slowly disappearing from new mobile phones, but I’ve recently discovered they were also used in some soldering irons such as the upcoming TS80 USB soldering iron...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Flashing Firmware to Rockchip Devices in Linux with rkdeveloptool Open

It’s been possible to flash firmware to Rockchip devices in Linux with upgrade_tool command line tool for many years, but the utility is closed-source and only supports “RK...

More...

SySTOR (Micro) SD Card Duplicators Can Handle Up to 200 SD Cards
    So this week-end, I started to play with ROC-RK3328-CC (Renegade) board that I received from T-Chip / Firefly-Team and as always, I used Etcher to flash the firmware images to micro SD cards. Once...

More...

96-Core NanoPi Fire3 Boards Cluster is a DIY Portable Solution to Teach or Develop Distributed Software
    Nick Smith has been messing around with clusters made of Arm boards for several years starting with Raspberry Pi boards, including a 5-node RPI 3 cluster, before moving to other boards like Orange Pi...

More...

TTGO Micro-32 is a Tiny ESP32-PICO-D4 Module
    Unveiled almost a year ago, ESP32-PICO-D4 SiP (System-in-Package) combines ESP32 wireless processor, 4MB SPI Flash, a crystal oscillator, as well as some passive components, and allows more compact...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Pi-Zero-UpTime is an UPS for Raspberry Pi Boards and Clones

Since for a headless Raspberry Pi it makes no sense to use a large UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) to keep it running in case of power failure, I bought and tested a Raspberry Pi battery kit a...

More...

Xiaomi Mi Box International Sold for $49.99 Shipped (Promo)
    Xiaomi Mi Box (International) is one of the recommended TV boxes as it runs the official Android TV OS with support for Netflix and Amazon Prime HD/4K, and normally sells around $60. But Banggood...

More...

Firefly Baidu Face Recognition Kit Comes with Monocular, Binocular, or Structured Light Camera
    Firefly AIO-3399J industrial board comprised of a Rockchip RK3399 SoM and a baseboard offering plenty of I/O & connectivity options has been bundled with various other accessories including a...

More...

Three 5W Intel Amber Lake Processors Coming Soon: Core m3-8100Y, Core i5-8200Y, Core i7-8500Y
    When I talk about low power Intel processors, I usually think about atom-based families like Bay Trail, Cherry Trail, Apollo Lake or Gemini Lake with 2W to 10W processors that delivers entry-level...

More...

Build an ESP8266 IR Remote Control with LOLIN IR Controller Shield for D1 Mini Board
    Infrared remote control are still widely with TVs, set-top boxes, air conditioners, and all other sort of appliances with the end result of having many remote control around the house. If you want to...

More...

Faytech 15? to 17? Capacitive Touch PCs Ship with Ubuntu 16.04
    Although many can support Ubuntu or other Linux distributions, most Intel based products ship with some version of Windows by default, and the end users may have to install Linux by themselves. While...

More...

LAPIS ML62Q1622 is a General Purpose 16-bit MCU with an LCD Driver
    So this morning I received an email about some seminar & workshop about LAPIS microcontroller, including a free ML62Q1622 evaluation board. OK, good. But wait. Who is LAPIS? I have certainly...

More...

Alldocube X Tablet with a Super AMOLED Display to Launch for $199 and Up (Crowdfunding)
    Allcodube has been making Android tablets at least since 2012, although recently they’ve launched an Intel Gemini Lake Tablet with their Knote5 model running Windows 10. The company is still...

More...

MediaTek Introduces Helio A-Series Processors for Mid-Range Smartphones, Starting with Helio A22 SoC
    MediaTek started their Helio processor portfolio with X-series processors such as Helio X20 in 2015, with X standing for eXtreme performance. Since then the company has mostly stopped aimed at the...

More...

Espruino Pixl.js is a Bluetooth LE Display Programmable with JavaScript, Compatible with Arduino Shields
    Espruino is an open source firmware that allows you to control micro-controllers board with JavaScript, and used in hardware such as Wio LTE GPS tracker, some STM32 Cellular IoT Discovery Kits, and...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Faytech 15? to 17? Capacitive Touch PCs Ship with Ubuntu 16.04

Although many can support Ubuntu or other Linux distributions, most Intel based products ship with some version of Windows by default, and the end users may have to install Linux by themselves. While...

More...

So this morning I received an email about some seminar & workshop about LAPIS microcontroller, including a free ML62Q1622 evaluation board. OK, good. But wait. Who is LAPIS? I have certainly...

More...

Alldocube X Tablet with a Super AMOLED Display to Launch for $199 and Up (Crowdfunding)
    Allcodube has been making Android tablets at least since 2012, although recently they’ve launched an Intel Gemini Lake Tablet with their Knote5 model running Windows 10. The company is still...

More...

MediaTek Introduces Helio A-Series Processors for Mid-Range Smartphones, Starting with Helio A22 SoC
    MediaTek started their Helio processor portfolio with X-series processors such as Helio X20 in 2015, with X standing for eXtreme performance. Since then the company has mostly stopped aimed at the...

More...

Espruino Pixl.js is a Bluetooth LE Display Programmable with JavaScript, Compatible with Arduino Shields
    Espruino is an open source firmware that allows you to control micro-controllers board with JavaScript, and used in hardware such as Wio LTE GPS tracker, some STM32 Cellular IoT Discovery Kits, and...

More...

Orange Pi 3G/4G Cellular IoT Development Kits with Touchscreen Display Launched for $35 and Up
    Earlier this year, Shenzhen Xunlong introduced two new Orange Pi cellular IoT boards running Android – but no Linux distribution just yet – with Orange Pi 3G-IoT and Orange Pi 4G-IoT...

More...

Extend VGA or HDMI Signals over “Ethernet” with VGA / HDMI Extender over Cat5/Cat6 Cables
    A host computer or media player may not always be in the same room as its display(s), for example for digital signage where you may want to have several displays controlled by one computer in...

More...

KidBright32 Board is Thailand’s BBC Micro:Bit Equivalent
    BBC Micro:Bit board was first announced in July 2015. Designed for STEM education, the board was then offered to UK schools in March 2016, and a few months later UK store would start selling it...

More...

ROC-RK3328-CC Board Review, or the Case for Fast Storage and Adequate Power Supply
    Firefly team from T-chip company has send me some of their Rockchip development boards, and we’ve already checked the provided boards and accessories, so today I’ll report my experience...

More...

Renegade Elite (ROC-RK3399-PC) RK3399 Single Board Computer Launched for $99 on Indiegogo
    Libre Computer and Firefly Team previously collaborated on Renegade (ROC-RK3328-CC) board powered by a Rockchip RK3328 quad core Cortex A53 processor and mostly following Raspberry Pi 3 form factor. ...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Banana Pi BPI-M2+ V1.2 Board Improves Power Management

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Khadas Edge is Both a Standalone Board and a System-on-Module powered

One of the two most common type of Arm boards are single board computers with everything from processor to memory/storage to ports is placed on a single PCB, and system-on-modules with processor,...

More...

NVIDIA Jetson TX2i Module is Designed for Industrial Environments
    NVIDIA Jetson TX2 “Artificial Intelligence Computer” module was announced in March 2017 with a Tegra X2 hexa-core processor, a 256-core Pascal GPU, 8GB RAM, 32GB storage, and support for...

More...

MINIX NEO C Plus is a 9-Port USB-C Adapter with Dual HDMI Output
    Hong Kong based MINIX Technology Limited is better known for theur Android TV boxes and WIndows mini PCs, but the company also makes accessories for computers, and their latest product is MINIX NEO C...

More...

Rockchip RK3308 & RK3326 Datasheets Released
    Rockchip unveiled their first Arm Cortex-A35 processors with RK3326 “Gemini” and RK3308 SoCs last March. Both are designed for Smart AI solutions, and the company showcased two...

More...

Bootlin Releases Open Source VPU Driver for Allwinner Processors with MPEG2 and H.264 Video Decoding
    At the beginning of the year, Bootlin – formerly Free Electrons – launched a crowdfunding campaign to bring open source Allwinner VPU driver to mainline Linux. VPU (Video Processing Unit)...

More...

Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Android One Phone Now Up for Pre-order for $181.99 and up
    Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is the successor of Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphone, which will also run the latest Android 8 Oreo firmware, and receive regular firmware updates for at least 18 months since it’s...

More...

Xiaomi Mi Box (International) is one of the recommended TV boxes as it runs the official Android TV OS with support for Netflix and Amazon Prime HD/4K, and normally sells around $60. But Banggood...

More...

Firefly Baidu Face Recognition Kit Comes with Monocular, Binocular, or Structured Light Camera
    Firefly AIO-3399J industrial board comprised of a Rockchip RK3399 SoM and a baseboard offering plenty of I/O & connectivity options has been bundled with various other accessories including a...

More...

Three 5W Intel Amber Lake Processors Coming Soon: Core m3-8100Y, Core i5-8200Y, Core i7-8500Y
    When I talk about low power Intel processors, I usually think about atom-based families like Bay Trail, Cherry Trail, Apollo Lake or Gemini Lake with 2W to 10W processors that delivers entry-level...

More...

Build an ESP8266 IR Remote Control with LOLIN IR Controller Shield for D1 Mini Board
    Infrared remote control are still widely with TVs, set-top boxes, air conditioners, and all other sort of appliances with the end result of having many remote control around the house. If you want to...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default NVIDIA Jetson TX2i Module is Designed for Industrial Environments

NVIDIA Jetson TX2 “Artificial Intelligence Computer” module was announced in March 2017 with a Tegra X2 hexa-core processor, a 256-core Pascal GPU, 8GB RAM, 32GB storage, and support for...

More...

MINIX NEO C Plus is a 9-Port USB-C Adapter with Dual HDMI Output
    Hong Kong based MINIX Technology Limited is better known for their Android TV boxes and WIndows mini PCs, but the company also makes accessories for computers, and their latest product is MINIX NEO C...

More...

Rockchip RK3308 & RK3326 Datasheets Released
    Rockchip unveiled their first Arm Cortex-A35 processors with RK3326 “Gemini” and RK3308 SoCs last March. Both are designed for Smart AI solutions, and the company showcased two...

More...

Bootlin Releases Open Source VPU Driver for Allwinner Processors with MPEG2 and H.264 Video Decoding
    At the beginning of the year, Bootlin – formerly Free Electrons – launched a crowdfunding campaign to bring open source Allwinner VPU driver to mainline Linux. VPU (Video Processing Unit)...

More...

Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite Android One Phone Now Up for Pre-order for $181.99 and up
    Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is the successor of Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphone, which will also run the latest Android 8 Oreo firmware, and receive regular firmware updates for at least 18 months since it’s...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Alldocube X Tablet with a Super AMOLED Display to Launch for $199 and

More...

More...

More...

More...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Banana Pi BPI-R64 Router Board is Powered by Mediatek MT7622, Supports

SinoVoIP launched several Banana Pi router boards in the past starting with Allwinner A20 based Banana Pi BPI-R1 in 2014, and followed by Banana Pi BPI-R2 board powered by a Mediatek MT7623 processor...

More...

Meet EWEAT R11, the $1,200 High-End 4K Media Player
    A few months ago, Zidoo released two high-end 4K media players based on Realtek RTD1296DD processor with Zidoo X20 going for around $500, and Zidoo X20 Pro for about $865. Those are quite expensive...

More...

Lenovo Launches the First Smart Display with Google Assistant for $200 and Up
    Android Things based smart displays were announced at CES 2018 with companies like Lenovo, LG, JBL, and Sony promising products later this year. In May, Google announced Google Assistant was now...

More...

AS923 LoRa GPS Tracking with MatchX MatchBox Gateway and RAK811 LoRa GPS Tracker Board
    Earlier this month, I installed Match MatchBox LoRa outdoor gateway close to the roof, and showed how easy it was easies to setup with MatchX Cloud. Basically, you just register to the cloud, enter...

More...

Google Titan Security Key Prevents Phishing Attacks
    Phising is a social engineering method that aims to trick users into giving their passwords. This can normally be mitigated with things called “brain” and “paying attention”,...

More...

Google Unveils Edge TPU Low Power Machine Learning Chip, AIY Edge TPU Development Board and Accelerator
    Google introduced artificial intelligence and machine learning concepts to hundreds of thousands of people with their AIY projects kit such as the AIY Voice Kit with voice recognition and the AIY...

More...

Olimex Unveils ESP32-POE Board with… PoE Support
    One of the differences between ESP8266 and ESP32 is the latter adds an Ethernet MAC, and as a results we have seen a few ESP32 boards with an Ethernet jack offering 10/100M connectivity, including...

More...

MakerAsia KBX is a Cool Extension Case for KidBright ESP32 Board
    Last week, I wrote about KidBright32, an ESP32 board aiming to teach STEM to students in Thailand, a bit like BBC Micro:bit but with more advanced features, and all KidBright training course and...

More...

FriendlyELEC NanoPC-T4 Board Kit Unboxing and Assembly
    FriendlyELEC introduced NanoPC-T4 RK3399 SBC (Single Board Computer) last May for $129. The board comes with a Rockchip RK3399 hexa-core processor, 4GB RAM, 16GB eMMC flash, dual-band WiFi module and...

More...

Coocox CoIDE and GCC Arm Embedded Toolchain Download Links
    I’ve been playing with RAK811 LoRa GPS tracker last week-end and earlier this week, and Rak Wireless provides open source firmware for the board that can be work on with Arm Keil or Coocox...

More...

NewsBot Supreme Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Kicad 5.0.0 Open Source EDA Suite Released

Once upon a time, your only options to design schematics and layout PCBs were to purchase expensive software like OrCAD, or install a pirated copy of the same software, which was the standard...

More...

Raspberry Pi 3 based Retro Arcade Game Console Sells for under $250
    When it comes to retro-gaming for the Raspberry Pi 3 board, there’s no lack of option with firmware like RetroPie or Lakka, a few off-the-self accessories like USB or Bluetooth gamepad, a an...

More...

GPD Pocket 2 is a Mini Laptop Running Windows 10 (Crowdfunding)
    Last year, GPD introduced GPD Pocket, a portable computer with a 7″ display powered by an Atom x7-Z8750 Cherry Trail processor and offered with either Windows 10 or Ubuntu 16.04. The company is...

More...

Alfawise A8 RK3229 Android 8.1 TV Box Sold for $29.99 (Promo)
    We started to see some Android 8.1 “Oreo” TV boxes a few months ago with MX10 model powered by Rockchip RK3328 processor, but if you don’t mind having a TV box with a 32-bit Arm...

More...

NEC VersaPro VU-3 is a Gemini Lake Tablet with Optional Keyboard, USB type C Dock, LTE Connectivity
    There aren’t a lot of tablets based in Intel Gemini Lake processor, and so far we only covered Alldocube Knote5 Gemini Lake tablet powered by an Intel Celeron N4100 processor and equipped with...

More...

Meet EWEAT R11, the $1,200 High-End 4K Media Player
    A few months ago, Zidoo released two high-end 4K media players based on Realtek RTD1296DD processor with Zidoo X20 going for around $500, and Zidoo X20 Pro for about $865. Those are quite expensive...

More...

Lenovo Launches the First Smart Display with Google Assistant for $200 and Up
    Android Things based smart displays were announced at CES 2018 with companies like Lenovo, LG, JBL, and Sony promising products later this year. In May, Google announced Google Assistant was now...

More...

AS923 LoRa GPS Tracking with MatchX MatchBox Gateway and RAK811 LoRa GPS Tracker Board
    Earlier this month, I installed Match MatchBox LoRa outdoor gateway close to the roof, and showed how easy it was easies to setup with MatchX Cloud. Basically, you just register to the cloud, enter...

More...

Google Titan Security Key Prevents Phishing Attacks
    Phising is a social engineering method that aims to trick users into giving their passwords. This can normally be mitigated with things called “brain” and “paying attention”,...

More...

Google Unveils Edge TPU Low Power Machine Learning Chip, AIY Edge TPU Development Board and Accelerator
    Google introduced artificial intelligence and machine learning concepts to hundreds of thousands of people with their AIY projects kit such as the AIY Voice Kit with voice recognition and the AIY...

More...

Page 49 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast